VTR 1000 vs. F4I 600 ?

General Bike chat
SuperWheelie996

VTR 1000 vs. F4I 600 ?

Post by SuperWheelie996 »

I was looking over some of the statistics, to see how my buddies Honda F4I 600 performs in comparison to my VTR. The specs are fairly similar, other than the obvious difference in CC's , but it has a higher top speed , stock ,slightly faster 0-60, and 110 horsepower, just as much as the as my VTR, the 60-80mph was the only speed range that the VTR was faster in. "I thought to myself, What the wombles" :evil

So why is the VTR any Better, or what is the difference, the F4I , also has close ratio gearing, which is prob better, and Electronic Fuel injection, which most likely gives it better response also.

I love my VTR to death and I need a reason why its better, besides that its a V twin , and a 1000. It just doesnt seem right. wombles lil 600! Wait till i go out with my buddy, im gonna wheelie past him standing on the seat at 110mph, just to make myself feel better !
Jason Terry
BP team

Post by BP team »

i don't know wath is a F4I (may be an other name in france?) But if it's a 600 CC, the difference could be in gears changing and gears power.
With a 600, you're always changing gear to have a good power because of the torqueqhich is present only in high revolutions.
With a VTR, torque is disposal, in law revs.

i hope to have anderstood the aim of your question
Oliv'
SuperWheelie996

Thanks oliv

Thanks Oliv, yeah your def right about a more disposible power range through the gears , The Bike im talking about is a Honda CBR 600 F4i, i dont know if its called the same there
Jason Terry
Trojan

Post by Trojan »

It makes sense the latest 600s are as powerful as the engine in a VTR, which is 10 years old now.
BP team

Post by BP team »

i think 600 F4i is in Europe 600CBR. and if it's about the latest 600 sportbike from honda, i think it the 600 CBR RR which is concerned.

trojan said :
It makes sense the latest 600s are as powerful as the engine in a VTR, which is 10 years old now.
I agree.

The VTR is 7-8 years conception old. still with big "carburators" from 45mm i believe. now there are new 600 with injection system very efficient and especially very light compare to a VTR.

Old VTr but regarding the cost of new 600, i prefer mine...
BP team

Post by BP team »

i wan't to add that,
1- VTR is a sportbike, new 600 CBR are hypersport bike. (on the road not sure there a use of a such bike...

2- 600 CBR / F4, since there are in hypersportbike profil can't be compared to VTR firestorm / Superhawk, but better compared to SP1 or sp2 VTR models... then i'm not sure the 600's perf would be also good...

:wink:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Too right!
The CBR600 RR is a sexy little number but you can't beat the low down grunt and sound of the VTR.
And who Knows maybe if the rumours are true next year we will see a 125bhp vtr with fuel injection and twin underseat exhaust with cats eye lamps up front.

Pete.l
Living in hope
tony.wilde1

vtr

Post by tony.wilde1 »

spend 2500-3000 and have 10 000 worth of fun!! :D
SuperWheelie996

yep

yeah , if they come out with a fuel injected, hawk or firestorm, with 125 bhp,ect. Im trading mine in, It doest make much sense though, they would want the sp1 to be your next choice. In my opinion that would be a better bike , definitley more econmical, sales of the sp1 would def drop, and at $12,000 a pop, thats where they are making their money. I just dont see it happening realisticly. Sounds like a myth of hopefull Hawk and Firestorm owners. All that aside, I trully hope they do, I would be the 1st one at the dealership.

Any of you guys feel that the sp1 is slightly overpriced ??
Jason Terry
iggy1966

Re: yep

Post by iggy1966 »

SuperWheelie996 wrote:

Any of you guys feel that the sp1 is slightly overpriced ??
Compare the difference between the storm and the SP then it looks well overpriced, plus the storm is a more rideable bike in terms of comfort etc. I think it more likely that Honda would drop the SP in favour of the CBR1000 as there racing contender and revamp the storm to fill the gap.

I'll probably be completely wrong about this :wink:
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Iggy said
I think it more likely that Honda would drop the SP in favour of the CBR1000 as there racing contender and revamp the storm to fill the gap.
My thoughts exactly.....well at leat we can hope :D

Pete.l
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Pete.L wrote: My thoughts exactly.....well at leat we can hope :D

Pete.l
Amen to that...
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
MDJ

Post by MDJ »

RIP sp1/2

With that put to rest we should now be able to pick up a cheap SP1? :wink:
I got knocked down, but i'll get up again and you'll never ever keep me down!
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Still got to insure it though, which is where the storm fills the gap........

an SP1 might be a nice powerful bike, but it aint cheap to insure.

There's always a market for the storm for that reason alone...(i think)
BP team

Post by BP team »

as for me, SP is overpriced. Furthemore, not sure the sp is efficient as the storm on little toad (not very flat as on a track road)
And! compare price and perf of sp and rsv aprilia... the choice is quickly done...
A new 125bhp VTR! i would like ta have one but it will cost too much for me. if only it could be possible to adapt injection systeme on mine to increase power!

I would like to test (or taste) a sp.

Oliv