new tyres :)

General Bike chat
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: new tyres :)

Post by Pete.L »

I put a touring tyre on the SP once. Big mistake.
Get it gone before it ruins your ride. Even if you sell it for half price. It's just not worth taking the risk if the tyres not giving you what you need. I nearly ended up binning the bike when I barrelled into a corner like I normally do and then couldn't make the braking. Not a nice experience. 8O

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
vardypeeps

Post by vardypeeps »

Michelin Pilot Roads/Sports are the best alround tyre for me. Worth trying the 4's after :D
zims123

Post by zims123 »

Got to love the RP4.......a very reassuring level of grip for my 300 miles a year....... the move a little when pushed though.....or is that my VTR complaining?...... :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

zims123 wrote:Got to love the RP4.......a very reassuring level of grip for my 300 miles a year....... the move a little when pushed though.....or is that my VTR complaining?...... :lol:
Yes your Storm is telling you...Ride me more...300 miles a year ?!!! PAH!
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
zims123

Post by zims123 »

Don't be mistaken......i also ride RR, Blade and others....about 20,000 a year currently......the storm is my pet...... :biggrin
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Just fitted the second set of Bridgestone S21 tyres.

Got 7000 Klms out of them. Probably could of got another 1000ks out of the rear .

I did a couple of longish rides and the back was flat spotting so I changed. The front had plenty left but I always change as a pair.

The S21 performed brilliantly, that's why I got another set.

Did Another 1,000 Klms after this pic.

South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
fatfreddy000

Post by fatfreddy000 »

i was in a rush today to purchase a pair of tyres after i found a nast gash in the sidewall of my front, along with the puncture i was gonna get repaired, so anyway i rushes into buying a cheap pair of pirelli diablo strada's new.
not the best probably but I'm not intending to be pushing the bike that much for now and they're meant to have ok adhesion and a pretty good lifespan.. i will update one that a few months into use.
has anybody else used these?
“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” Biologist Jonas Salk
Watty

Post by Watty »

fatfreddy000 wrote:i was in a rush today to purchase a pair of tyres after i found a nast gash in the sidewall of my front, along with the puncture i was gonna get repaired, so anyway i rushes into buying a cheap pair of pirelli diablo strada's new.
not the best probably but I'm not intending to be pushing the bike that much for now and they're meant to have ok adhesion and a pretty good lifespan.. i will update one that a few months into use.
They nick named "ditch finders" not sure why!! 8O
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
fatfreddy000

Post by fatfreddy000 »

Watty wrote:
fatfreddy000 wrote:i was in a rush today to purchase a pair of tyres after i found a nast gash in the sidewall of my front, along with the puncture i was gonna get repaired, so anyway i rushes into buying a cheap pair of pirelli diablo strada's new.
i hope they're not that bad, i did a bit of reading up on them first and thought they sounded ok..
hmmm :?
“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” Biologist Jonas Salk
Watty

Post by Watty »

fatfreddy000 wrote:
Watty wrote:
i hope they're not that bad, i did a bit of reading up on them first and thought they sounded ok..
Just joking mate :lol: Never ran them but sure they'll be fine. TBH 90% of people wouldn't be able to outride the cheapest of tyres in normal road use!! They just think they can!! ( pub bragging ). :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
fatfreddy000

Post by fatfreddy000 »

Watty wrote:
fatfreddy000 wrote:
Watty wrote: They nick named "ditch finders" not sure why!! 8O
Just joking mate :lol: Never ran them but sure they'll be fine. TBH 90% of people wouldn't be able to outride the cheapest of tyres in normal road use!! They just think they can!! ( pub bragging ). :lol:
phew,
i thought that quote was the result of a bad experience.
tyre are of course important but i just have so much much work to do on the bike to make it right i have to be careful with the cash situation (without buying nylon shite of course).
i do love the term 'ditch finders' by the way!
ha ha..
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

In my opinion tyres are the last thing you should be skimping on, along with brakes and suspension.
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
fatfreddy000

Post by fatfreddy000 »

cheekykev wrote:In my opinion tyres are the last thing you should be skimping on, along with brakes and suspension.
no you're right.
the bike currency is not a horror regarding safety around steering, suspension, tyres, brakes etc and I'm in process of getting this all sorted to the best of my financial ability.
thats why i checked out the reviews and they seemed like a good option (although on the cheaper end of good tyres) for someone thats not using the bike for full on sports use.
fatfreddy000

Post by fatfreddy000 »

fatfreddy000 wrote:
cheekykev wrote:In my opinion tyres are the last thing you should be skimping on, along with brakes and suspension.
no you're right.
the bike currency is a horror regarding safety around steering, suspension, tyres, brakes etc and I'm in process of getting this all sorted to the best of my financial ability.
thats why i checked out the reviews and they seemed like a good option (although on the cheaper end of good tyres) for someone thats not using the bike for full on sports use.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Watty wrote:
I didn't know Marty used them???

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal