Fazer Rebuild

General Bike chat
VTRDark

Fazer Rebuild

Post by VTRDark »

I thought it was about time I gave it it's own thread so here goes. As most of you know I have been rebuilding and painting my Fazer bodywork. Today I finally got around to putting it all back on the bike. I have yet to give the bike a coat of wax to protect the paintwork.

I did not get around to starting it as the battery is dead from sitting around too long without a charge, so something else to buy. That was a bit disappointing as I have yet to hear the engine run. I did connect the VTR battery up and heard it turn over, but as there is no fuel in the tank it would not start, I also started to melt my jumper leads :lol:
I have also got to get some cheapy indicators to chuck on the back and re-fit the numberplate along with a couple of little bits to re-touch (my ratchet slipped and made a small chip in my freshly painted tank :( ) and either repair or upgrade. I also want to get the forks off at some stage and clean them up and paint black and the swingarm Is either to go Black or just be cleaned up. I haven't decided yet But those can wait to a later date.

I did put the fairing lowers on that I got on the bay of evil, but they just did not look right and IMO did not suit the bike at all. So they are not going on, and can go back on the bay :roll:

Here are some pics of how the bike looked originally except these pics where taken back when everything was looking half decent. Before my rebuild the fairing was smashed and had a bit missing where I took a drop on ice. And the exhaust was not as shiny as in the pics as those where taken when I last sprayed the cans a few years back. So the bike was looking pretty neglected before I started.

Originally

And Now

I am happy with the way it it has turned out and I will be even happier when it's running. :biggrin

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Re: Fazer Rebuild

Post by lloydie »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: good job their carl :thumbup:
geodude

Post by geodude »

Nice job. :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

having seen the bike in person, i can say he's done great job, theres a few very minor blemishes on the paint but nothing worth mentioning considering its his first attempt with rattle cans, it needs a little bit more love before its mint, but great work carlos the hippy......... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Well done Carl that's looking good.

I may have a charger in the MacCave, which your welcome to have.

I will have a look tomorrow , but I may have lobbed it already. It's nowt fancy but does work & will save you a few bob.

Mac.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

MacV2 wrote:Well done Carl that's looking good.

I may have a charger in the MacCave, which your welcome to have.

I will have a look tomorrow , but I may have lobbed it already. It's nowt fancy but does work & will save you a few bob.

Mac.
i think he's got a charger macster, but the battery is fooked beyond charging, i might be wrong tho, it wouldn't be the first time :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Thanks guys. Yes a few blemishes which I'm hoping will not be seen once the bike has a few coats of wax. And I need to do something about my little chip from my ratchet handle. Black touch up pen and a little rub down should sort it. It's bloody typical though.

Looking forward to riding it which I have sort of missed in a strange kinda way. I've defiantly missed the fuel economy. :lol:
may have a charger in the MacCave
I've got an optimate. The battery is dead dead. Cells have gone . Had in on the Optimate all last night and the green charge light never came on. I also put a multimeter on it and it's only putting just over one volts. So it's time for a new battery. It's a shame really cause that one was only a couple years old, but I have had it sitting around the last 6 months without it be trickle charged.

Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

good work there Carl, I enjoy this kinda thread.

Marty, feck all wrong with being a hippy man!

:Smoke4: :Smoke3:
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Cheers jazza. This was like my preliminary run as next year I intend to do the storm. Plus I want the fazer running as a second bike for when one or the other is off the road for whatever reason. I think with the storm I shall take my time with it and not take shortcuts.

have learnt some very important lessons with this. I regret not putting some high build flexible primer on before the regular primer as it would have saved on some filling and rubbing down. The whole side of the front fairing where it curves above the indicator had to be rebuilt with fibreglass and filler.

Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Do like the way BSM says there are a couple of blemishes, not worth mentioning, having mentioned them!!! You're a class act geezer :lol:
Bike looks good Carl, well done. :thumbup:
:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

i will look forward to the storms rebuild carl , is that paint job still on the cards ?
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote:Do like the way BSM says there are a couple of blemishes, not worth mentioning, having mentioned them!!! You're a class act geezer :lol:
Ah, but his own bike is one big blemish so it makes him feel good... :wink:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Kev L wrote:Do like the way BSM says there are a couple of blemishes, not worth mentioning, having mentioned them!!! You're a class act geezer :lol:

i thought you'd spot that kev......... :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

is that paint job still on the cards
Yep I will out the 2k Black base layer on and then it's off for the top coat. In fact I may even have a go at the top coat myself depending on funds.

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Great job there Carl, well impressed :thumbup:
AMcQ