sp1 colour scheme

General Bike chat
agentpineapple

sp1 colour scheme

Post by agentpineapple »

i saw this sp1 on ebay tonight, is the colour scheme from a later model or am i wrong, believe it or not i've been wrong before.... :lol:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-HONDA-VT ... 4ac05e9b74
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Re: sp1 colour scheme

Post by lloydie »

looks like its been down the road on one side
looks like a standard sp1 to me but ive never really looked at sp's as i know i will sell the kids to get one :twisted:
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

yes it is standard colour scheme that,

they did quite a few variations like that one, an all silver one and the usual red n black.
you see a lot in that scheme in the usa but for some reason they call it the rvt!

getting harder to find a good sp1 these days, for the right price anyway.

get yourself added on the sp facebook page m8, its very active.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
lanny

Post by lanny »

May be had a bodywork swap or paint job - I thought this colour scheme only came out late 03 on the sp2, if this is original its the only one i have ever seen. like Benny says the US models are liveried up as RVT :confused
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

I think you’ll find that this is not the correct colour scheme for that year/model in this country.
All SP1s in this country were red, and were run from late 1999 through till late 2001, you can get hold of some late registered models as late as 2002 and even 2003, but they were still in red.
It was replaced in 2002 with the SP2, the first year in this country i.e. 2002 they were white only and only run for one year, although you can pick up a late 2003, proof of this is I have one, after 2003 again in this country they did some colour schemes, the one you are looking at, black and I’m not sure, but I think they may have done a plain silver one
I’ve looked at the advert you’re referring to and I suggest that it is an SP1 sprayed up in a SP2 2003/2004 colour scheme, so you’d have to question why it has a SP1 graphic displayed on the fairing.
Has Benny says if it was a USA model it would have RC51 graphics on it and also it would have RVT on the fairing and not VTR.
To me something just doesn’t seem right with this bike, but I’m always willing to listen to anyone who can correct me.

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Chinese replacement fairing set?
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Wicky wrote:Chinese replacement fairing set?
yeh i think so too.
its an original scheme, but as has been said, not from the early years.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Wicky wrote:Chinese replacement fairing set?
Yes that looks like the answer to the mystery, never thought of that one.
If you look at the pictures on the advert you can see that the left bar end weight is missing and the gear lever is bent back, there’s also a screw holding the tail section down just behind the badly fitting seat pod :thumbdown:
HRC Honda don’t do badly fitting seat pods and don’t have a screw holding the tail section down behind it either, so be careful if your thinking of buying it, I’d say it’s been down on its left hand side and then repaired with Chinese copies :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
I could be wrong but I don’t think so.
Like what you do
Do what you like
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

I emailed him out of interest.......

"Yes, you quite right. It is Chinese aftermarket, I am quite happy with it though. I had to replace original plastic because I have dropped a bike just outside of my garage. I shared the garage with my friend a few years ago. He kept some old rubbish oil there and some of it leaked on to the floor. Some of it stuck on the rear tyre. I wheeled the bike out and a moment later she was on the floor, I didn't even got her into a second gear...Very annoying, but just a few cracks to the plastic and no other damage whatsoever."
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Yeah looks like I was right, I feel like a right bloody geek now :D

He didn't bother to mention any of this in the advert did he :?: :thumbdown:
no other damage whatsoever :?: the gear lever's bent back :confused maybe just me but I wouldn't trust him unless it can be picked up cheap, very cheap :think:
Like what you do
Do what you like