VTR Spec Variations from Country to Country

General Bike chat
AMCQ46

Re: VTR Spec Variations from Country to Country

Post by AMCQ46 »

Virt wrote:Just means they can retreat over any surface surely?
:lol:

That was pretty funny :thumbup:

But worse than that, the French like motorcyclists so when you are trail riding out there and turn up covered in mud head to foot, they still happily invite you into the resterant for lunch....even when you tell them you are happy to sit outside.

Try doing that in the lake district and you will find they won't even serve you when you sit outside.....pains me to find something the french are good at :lol:
AMcQ
Virt

Post by Virt »

I have my moments... Just don't expect anything for at least say, 12 months :lol:

To be fair though, as much as I like Britain and british people we are a horrible bunch.. I personally don't think it's too hard to beat our manners or hospitality. Although getting walked over like that by the French definitely stings a bit
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
exTRX850

Post by exTRX850 »

Wicky wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:01 pm
I changed it with a Euro-spec motor I bought off of a friend, after he binned his VTR. The Euro-spec bike has slightly lumpier cams and higher compression, as well as the CDI is a bit different.
As from before 07/08 Japanese litre bikes for their home market were limited to 100 Findus Lasanges - as the bikes seem to make here as stock anything from between 95-105 it could be that they subtly hamstrung them to keep it definitely below or at the power limit. Still I'd take what the jp writer says with a pinch of salt unless there's any evidence to support his claim. Roger with his experience may have an insight....

Also diging on japanese bike specs there was a time in 80s/90s when:

"There are no new Japanese-made bikes for sale in Japan that are bigger than 750cc [this is one of the "voluntary restrictions" that the bike makers adhere to]. Any that you see have been exported, then re-imported, for there is no restriction on engine size for imported bikes."

So it begs the question what country was the bike reimported from that he's comparing? Aussieland? as that's relatively nearby

Make off it what you will but a Kiwi wrote in answer to the question "Is the VTR firestorm restricted?"

"Yes there are VTR's out there that do have restrictors. Most of the VTR's i.e. Firehawks (sic), firestorm for USA spec and Britsh spec do not have restrictors.
99% of Jap imports have a 180 to 190km speed cut. You will feel it, Trust me!!!.
I have a VTR here in New Zealand and have being trying to find out how to remove it but no joy yet. Let me know if you have any ideas."

Aussie specs 97-00 http://www.burniemorgan.com/firestorm/vtr9700.html
01: http://www.burniemorgan.com/firestorm/vtr2001.html
err, sh1t. Bit keen to check the 'compliance plate' now.
as seen on a low doorway lintel a long time ago, far, far away - "be kind to your mind"