4th Dimension - MCE's repairer - heads up!

General Bike chat
AMCQ46

Re: 4th Dimension - MCE's repairer - heads up!

Post by AMCQ46 »

That sounds like a deal that is too good to walk away from....even if you trade it in for something you want
AMcQ
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Martin think long and hard about it,

At the end of the day it's a great pleasure to own and ride a bike you admire and respect, oh and have drooled over for years :D

In my opinion (for what it's worth) if you go for the Blade, yes a brill bike but that's it, loads of them and will be just like any other make of the 1000 big fours, if that's what you want then fine.

I know you're a bit down in the dumps about the SP2 but at the end of the day if they give you some compensation for the bits, you can sort it out yourself, so you know it's right, that way you keep the bike you really want and you can get your Firestorm back on the road to eat up the miles.

When you're out and about how many Blades do you see, and how many white Sp2s do you see (unless you're out with me of course}

It's ok people saying you can get another SP2, well they've obviously never tried to get hold of a good low millage white one, they're like rocking horse poo.

At the end of the day motorcycling is about enjoying yourself on a machine you enjoy riding and looking after, it should be part of the family :lol:

Some people own and ride BSA Goldstars, Old Indians etc worth £15,000 - £20,000 and more, i'd like to see what answere you got from them if you asked them to swap for a Blade :lol: :lol:

There's a reason why they got them in the first place, it's because they wanted one, the money, or what they could have got does't come into it.

A lot of people have 2 bikes, one they drool over with limited use and another to soak up the miles, nothing wrong with that, if that makes you happy then who's to argue :Argue:
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

i just got dejavu!! :lol:

yes kev i am very much in 2 minds.
you know i love my sp and hands down it is the best bike ive ever owned or ridden.
i have test ridden the blades, albeit a 2010 model with abs etc...

i was very impressed with the engine, brakes and handling but it hasnt got a heartbeat if you know what i mean - feels almost like an electric motor.

they rang me back today and i said i havent decided yet but told them to price up the parts list i'd given them.

look t it this way.... i could keep the sp for 3 years then decide to sell it on. for the same as i paid for it.
(assuming it's still mint)
look at the sp as the rc30 of the next decade or 2...

if i kept the blade for 3 years it would fetch about 5 grand. if that. :|
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

You shouldn't be thinking of the money side of it, you should be thinking about what you want, the rest will sort it's self out :thumbup:
You are old enough to know better :confused
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Go on Kev, he need a bit of coaching to stop him getting distracted by a shiney new bling blade. We all know he is easly distracted :lol:

Come on Martin, get them to send you all the it's you wanted in the first place and get it minted back to your satisfaction
AMcQ
macdee

Post by macdee »

take the blade
you have already tried to trade the sp in
WHY ???
take the blade take the blade

sp :wave:
blade 8)
told you not to but oh no you knew better
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

I have to agree, you have to take the blade. Even if the SP is the bike you want, you can sell the blade next week for 10k, buy a good SP and use the spare cash for track days, new leathers, new camera, new lid, new boots AND still have some left over.

It really is a no brainer.

Other options are to sell the blade and buy things such as KTM or Ducati if you really want that 'character'. Or you could even try an R1 Big Bang or BMW 1000 RR. Both probably don't have what some people like to call 'character' but in my eyes both are silky smooth, quick as fcuk and very good looking bikes. I personally don't see the whole silky smooth engine = no character. For me I find it more exciting to ride something that will scare me when I wind it back than a twin that I'm literally ringing its neck like I used to, to try and get any power from it.
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1:

Keep the sp-2

Blades are every where
98 storm with goodies!

Srad seven fiddy stuntbike

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

well my insurance renewal is due next week....
and as i have a pending claim my 5yrs protected ncb is on hold, so its goner cost me 450 to insure the sp and just over 2k for 12500 worth of blade.

:Ball Kick:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Take the blade mate, they are mental, I loved my RRX, just got rid of it, will be getting a newer one some time within the next few years.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

==============================Enter the Darkside
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

cybercarl wrote:
Take the blade mate
He has.
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 18&t=29070

(:-})
just a shade under 3000miles on it now lol!
cant fault it
a seriously quick and razor sharp handling bike.....

& amazingly, on a 92 mile ride to the raven the other night, and a blast to the piper and southport last night, it averaged out at 14.7 miles/L which works out at just under 67mpg 8O
darkember

Post by darkember »

regarding the 1200cc vee..... with the current crop of 1L inline 4s all running a stock ecu, and with the electronics packages now, launch control, traction control, anti wheelie etc, the 1000cc vees have lost their advantage of pulling power out of bends as the 4's just pin it and the electronics do all the work.

Ahh but when all that electricary throws a wobbly your stuffed & as we well know those IL4 riders love to get the jetwash out to get their machines really shiny. Jetwash is a bikes nightmare I would never allow one near it. Damp cloth & elbow grease only, keeps the electric sweet :D

Old is good as we know & can repair it, new is baldrocks as they make them so they have to go to the dealers, unless you buy the diagnostic kit. :thumbdown:
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

:Fish:
darkember wrote:
Ahh but when all that electricary throws a wobbly your stuffed :
ano m8. thats why i went for the non abs blade as it has none of that rubbish. :thumbup:
seb421

Post by seb421 »

darkember wrote:regarding the 1200cc vee..... with the current crop of 1L inline 4s all running a stock ecu, and with the electronics packages now, launch control, traction control, anti wheelie etc, the 1000cc vees have lost their advantage of pulling power out of bends as the 4's just pin it and the electronics do all the work.

Ahh but when all that electricary throws a wobbly your stuffed & as we well know those IL4 riders love to get the jetwash out to get their machines really shiny. Jetwash is a bikes nightmare I would never allow one near it. Damp cloth & elbow grease only, keeps the electric sweet :D

Old is good as we know & can repair it, new is baldrocks as they make them so they have to go to the dealers, unless you buy the diagnostic kit. :thumbdown:
I don't know any one that jet washes a road bike

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033