NEW!!! MCCT's Installation Guide

General Bike chat
lumpyv

Re: NEW!!! MCCT's Installation Guide

Post by lumpyv »

top work carl :thumbup: :thumbup:

is there a pictorial guide anywhere on here for checking/adjusting valve clearances ? ?

that's something else I cant do :(
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Great write up Carl. Can you do online Mac User pictorials :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
MIKIrsl

Post by MIKIrsl »

Thanks MacV2 I had a message from Tony on the same day I`ve posted.
It`s all set for saturday. I`m going to Tony after I finish work.
I wanted to do it myself but there is so much stuff that needs to be moved out of the way that I`m worried I will do something wrong and without knowing how it works and where I went wrong I won`t know how to fix it, plus recently everything I try to fix gets messed up even more so I think with that one I let Tony do it and hopefully will learn something on the way.
MIKIrsl

Post by MIKIrsl »

Forgot to mention that it`s a very good guide Carl and I almost felt I can`t go wrong after reading that but then looked into the mirror and :crazy: :Oops: and decided to leave it to a pro
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It's a good thing to be able know when to bite the bullet and decide that a task is a little more than what one can deal with. If you don't feel confident enough then you doing the right thing from learning a bit from someone else. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
JazzmasterJ

Post by JazzmasterJ »

Massive respect to VTRDark for the original mcct guide... a lot of time and effort went into that. Restores your faith in humanity!
I’d read about this procedure before buying my storm. How likely are the auto tensioners to fail? I’m not against manual conversion (under guidance) to my storm at all as it seems extremely important to its existence. I’d just like to know how soon I should be trying to get it sorted?

Currently on 29000 miles.

Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jchesshyre

Post by jchesshyre »

ASAP. They can go at any time, any mileage, without warning.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

jchesshyre wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:55 am ASAP. They can go at any time, any mileage, without warning.
Ticking time bomb.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

JazzmasterJ wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:48 am Massive respect to VTRDark for the original mcct guide... a lot of time and effort went into that. Restores your faith in humanity!
I’d read about this procedure before buying my storm. How likely are the auto tensioners to fail? I’m not against manual conversion (under guidance) to my storm at all as it seems extremely important to its existence. I’d just like to know how soon I should be trying to get it sorted?

Thanks all

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 34#p395334
StuartWags » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:28 pm

7K = bloody unlucky
20K = oh bugger, i was expecting better
30K= it was bound to happen eventually
40K = i told you so you muppet
50K = you lucky B@st@rd, it is still running
60K = Liar - nobody will believe you
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
JazzmasterJ

Post by JazzmasterJ »

Roger that. Hopefully got some time in May to get it done!

JazzmasterJ

Post by JazzmasterJ »

Ha! Just seen that post Wicky. Time to get on it.

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

JazzmasterJ wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:48 am Massive respect to VTRDark for the original mcct guide... a lot of time and effort went into that. Restores your faith in humanity!

Thanks all

Thank you for your kind words. Auto's are a gamble and the odds are not in your favour. It 's either stop mod the auto's or go full manual. No question about it as history has proved. By the way I love the avatar. Been getting into some jazz myself recently. My latest acquisition A Tribute to Cole Porter by the The Bassface Swing Trio (Stockfisch records) and did you know that Clint Eastwood is big on jazz and plays the piano. I have him playing at the Carnegie Hall and while on the Carnegie Hall, Don Shirley is another one I have got into :thumbup:
==============================Enter the Darkside
JazzmasterJ

Post by JazzmasterJ »

I think I may as well just go for full conversion as it seems inevitable anyway. Will keep you posted!

Now we’re talking! My avatar is Elvin Jones (he’s the man) - check out Wayne Shorter ‘Night Dreamer’ album to hear him in full flight - particularly the track ‘Armageddon’ I love.
I didn’t know about Clint Eastwood actually! That’s brilliant I’ll be sure to check that gig out. If you like pianists another album I always come back to is Oscar Peterson - Night Train. One of the best piano trios that ever existed.

I might start a Jazz appreciation thread...

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

You want drummers check this Dude out...

Keep going to the end just to watch the batshite crazy fella with the maracas... :lol: :lol:

Right get yourself some MCTT's & bring it on over to Grain & we can sort it out for the price of a pack of biccies...or cake/donughts or all three I'm not fussed... :lol: :lol:

Weekends are best if poss not fussed if Sat or Sun...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-2005-HO ... ctupt=true
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
JazzmasterJ

Post by JazzmasterJ »

Oh yeah Mike Shrieve! He’s a great drummer. Hadn’t seen this recording though - it’s fantastic! Thanks for the share. That maraca mans chicken dance has made my morning haha! What a supreme nutter.

That is an incredibly generous offer and I’ll absolutely take you up on it if you don’t mind. I’ll move to PM.

Thanks very much