Pilot Screw Adjustment.

General Bike chat
VTRDark

Re: Pilot Screw Adjustment.

Post by VTRDark »

While your in there you may as well fit some carb balancing vaccum lines.
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 31&t=18430
==============================Enter the Darkside
bfarthing83

Post by bfarthing83 »

VTRDark wrote:While your in there you may as well fit some carb balancing vaccum lines.
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 31&t=18430
Due to lack of time as I’m restoring my home with the mrs (old cottage needing lots)I decided I would just pay someone to do it, begrudgingly.
I’ve just come back from ace cafe. Previously getting 100miles to a tank, now getting 80. I also noticed she struggles slightly pulling away. Doesn’t sound as crisp, sort of dull and on over run she’s quiet with no popps. Worst of all her top end has dropped only got 120 on the runway not the previous 155.
So my question being who is best to set her up and how much?
Cheers
Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

No idea Iv'e always done my own work. Ring around and get some quotes. A dyno tech will get things perfect but they have to know how to work with carbs. That IMO would be better than a local garage mechanic uneless they either have a dyno or take it to a dyno and verify things on that.
==============================Enter the Darkside
bfarthing83

Post by bfarthing83 »

VTRDark wrote:No idea Iv'e always done my own work. Ring around and get some quotes. A dyno tech will get things perfect but they have to know how to work with carbs. That IMO would be better than a local garage mechanic uneless they either have a dyno or take it to a dyno and verify things on that.
Cheers mate Image

tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Let us know what part of the country you're in and someone should be able to recommend a good one.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
bfarthing83

Post by bfarthing83 »

tony.mon wrote:Let us know what part of the country you're in and someone should be able to recommend a good one.
Cheers, I’m in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire

Richfer

Post by Richfer »

good night I have a question for my motorbike vtr 1000 2002, I want to synchronize the carburetors but I do not know how many laps I have to give to the needles
I had installed the needles of mein jed 45 with f 175 r 178 and I changed them to m / 48 and f 180 r 182, if they could still tell me the blasts that I have to give in any of these measures I would appreciate it a lot, I am in New Jersey USA
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Richfer wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:02 am good night I have a question for my motorbike vtr 1000 2002, I want to synchronize the carburetors but I do not know how many laps I have to give to the needles
I had installed the needles of mein jed 45 with f 175 r 178 and I changed them to m / 48 and f 180 r 182, if they could still tell me the blasts that I have to give in any of these measures I would appreciate it a lot, I am in New Jersey USA
Why have you made it so rich, have you done any other modifications?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
2nd Ranger BN

Post by 2nd Ranger BN »

I have one of those pilot screwdriver and it is tricky at best to get it to work right. I put a jet kit in and put the pilot screw at 2 1/2 and the bikes runs great. It is nice to have the tool but it is not necessary to have, just my thoughts.