VTR with USD forks....

General Bike chat
tim-e

VTR with USD forks....

Post by tim-e »

Having owned this bike for some time, I've now insured it & running about on it.
I've fitted USD forks & have opened up the stock silencers, made my own cam chain adjusters, not the fastest of bikes but very nice to ride, rock solid, handles & brakes very nicely!
It would be interesting to test out a stock bike as I think the USD & Nissan 4 pot gsxr calipers must make quite a difference?
Other than the small tank, Impressed!
Jscobey

Re: VTR with USD forks....

Post by Jscobey »

Did you fit the USD forks or did you buy it that way?

I'm a big advocate of the USD forks on the VTR. Makes a pretty impressive difference. The VTR got skimped in the suspension and brakes department if you ask me. The bonus to USD's is you usually get a better brakes package as well as much beffier yokes.

Compliments a nice shock and braced swingarm very well :thumbup:
High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Yes the rear shock is well "shocking" as standard. A decent aftermarket one doesn't make it faster, but allows you to ride it faster over crappy roads, if that makes sense! its a great mod.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
tim-e

Post by tim-e »

I fitted the USD, TL1000 forks ,used a Ducati front wheel & discs, GSXR1100sling shot Nissan 4 pot calipers.
And GSXR1000 K1 fairing, the bike was accident damaged so used the parts I could get a deal on, or had in my parts stash.
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

bigtwinthing wrote:Yes the rear shock is well "shocking" as standard. A decent aftermarket one doesn't make it faster, but allows you to ride it faster over crappy roads, if that makes sense! its a great mod.

it doesnt make your bike faster per say... but sorting both ends of the suspension brings more confidence in the bike and traction, and confidence breeds speed. so it doesnt make the bike faster, it makes you faster. and that applies on crappy roads as well as perfectly paved tracks.
High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Where's the pictures then ?? :roll: :roll:
tim-e

Post by tim-e »

pic' to follow......
caferacerdan

Post by caferacerdan »

sounds like an interesting collection of parts on the bike!
would be interesting to see it! need to do a USD swap but cant afford atm :/
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

get some info up how much work was involved in that front end swap. sounds interesting
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:worthless_thread_wo_pics:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside