BMW R nineT

General Bike chat
popkat

BMW R nineT

Post by popkat »

What to people think of it ?
I was just reading up on it and think it's a good looking bike, I've had a boxer twin before and the engines are good, grunty and characterful, Mine was a R1200s and made a bit more power (122 bhp)
What I can't work out though is why it costs so much, I looked on the BMW website and you can get an R1200r which is a similar roadster but with Electronic suspension and all the extra's, it's cheaper than the base nineT.. They seem to be charging a premium for a bike with less on it and which you can easily remove even more :lol:

http://www.designboom.com/technology/th ... 0-16-2013/

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: BMW R nineT

Post by sirch345 »

I also like the look of it :thumbup:

Chris.
gafr

Post by gafr »

work for bmw motorcycles, wouldnt touch them , far too expensive and service costs are horrendous!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

gafr wrote:work for bmw motorcycles, wouldnt touch them , far too expensive and service costs are horrendous!
A bit like Ducati then :wink:

Chris.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

popkat wrote:What to people think of it ?
I was just reading up on it and think it's a good looking bike, I've had a boxer twin before and the engines are good, grunty and characterful, Mine was a R1200s and made a bit more power (122 bhp)
What I can't work out though is why it costs so much, I looked on the BMW website and you can get an R1200r which is a similar roadster but with Electronic suspension and all the extra's, it's cheaper than the base nineT.. They seem to be charging a premium for a bike with less on it and which you can easily remove even more :lol:

http://www.designboom.com/technology/th ... 0-16-2013/

Have a soft spot for the R1200S....... shame they dropped the RS line too.....
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

R1200s is a faily quick bike, i had my mates for a year. i had a R1100s and it was far better than that. Dear to service and a cult following. The R9T has mainly sold out already and they look smart. I like different, and its different. I like the lack of rear seat unit!!! mines coming off once I've sorted the new place.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!