Close call this morning!

General Bike chat
stu9000

nutters

Post by stu9000 »

not that i wouldnt be freaking if it happened to me but its not always a good idea to get into a roadside brawl.
Sure youre armoured but there are some real nutters out there, yes even madder than you when someones pulled out on purpose.

I had an incident where a parent of a school I was working at tried to run me off the road because I fildered through and popped out at the lights. i didnt even tap his mirrors. When the lights changed he nearly ran me off the road trying to reovertake me.

I might have been less pious but as we were "discussing" it his poor kid was right there witnessing his dad blow a gasket. What a pratt.

I was told that if police recieve a call about a car they can pull it over without having to give a reason. so, if you can be bothered, and if you havnt decked 'em or knocked their mirror off, it could be worth calling it in. but by then weve calmed down and prob cant be bothered.

S
red is the fastest colour;)
VTRgirl

Post by VTRgirl »

tattie wrote:When you are up at Homebase, get a tube of 2 part stone repair resin, applied with mastic gun. Use it to Seal up the edge of the doors and bonnet.
... while they're in it :wink: .

Lane-splitting, as it's known here, isn't legal anywhere that I've been, although I noticed in Sydney it's as acceptable as kiddies riding their pushbikes on the footpath. Rarely see it in Qld & reckon we'd get pinched as soon as spotted. I like the foam idea, but the paint-stripper in the water pistol... hey, we should all carry one of those! My brother installed air-horns... They work a treat next to an open window :wink: .
logan7

Post by logan7 »

I just blip next to a open window :twisted: better if they are in a chav mobile with some sh1t sounding bass trying to boom out :wink: I let them know what real bass booming is :roll:
The force is strong in this one
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Always remember to replace said water pistol regularly or it will melt ! Or pehaps it was down to the type of brake fluid i was using ? Oooops !!! :twisted:
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Soz ! You said paint stripper did'nt ya ? Never tried that ! Oooops done it again ! :oops:
d&s

Post by d&s »

VTRgirl wrote:
tattie wrote:When you are up at Homebase, get a tube of 2 part stone repair resin, applied with mastic gun. Use it to Seal up the edge of the doors and bonnet.
... while they're in it :wink: .

Lane-splitting, as it's known here, isn't legal anywhere that I've been, although I noticed in Sydney it's as acceptable as kiddies riding their pushbikes on the footpath. Rarely see it in Qld & reckon we'd get pinched as soon as spotted. I like the foam idea, but the paint-stripper in the water pistol... hey, we should all carry one of those! My brother installed air-horns... They work a treat next to an open window :wink: .
Should come to WA. Perfectly legal if done within guidelines. :roll: 8)
Submariners go down for a living..!!

dark&stormy
(the bike stupid)
METALDAN

Re: Close call this morning!

Post by METALDAN »

:mad2 , makes me bloody incensed this kind of sh1t does. when i was at rozzer school at ryton on dunsmore in 2000 i used to filter down the m6 every day and every day without fail some numpty would pull over to block me. one day it was a brand fire new porsche 911, and as i was on my pan at the time, wing mirrors connected, mine snapped away on its little wire to be replaced a couple of miles further on, his was reduced to shattered glass and plastic. result! wonder how much a porsche 911 wing mirror goes for? knob jockey
Put me in an empty room with a brick and i'll either break it, lose it or hurt myself on it!!!
ImageImage
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Jesus, 4 years between posts. That must be a new record :Woohoo:
Rich.

Seeker 77

Post by Seeker 77 »

Bloody hell Dan, have you been going through all the old posts or something?
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

:Gun1: burn em, law wont do feck all, ive always found nitromors very good :twisted:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
chuxsta

Re:

Post by chuxsta »

jollybod wrote:Driving is just the wierdest thing, isn't it. Otherwise normal, law abiding, nice people, just turn into complete and utter psychos when behind a wheel.

Can you imagine some random walking past you on the pavement and then just because you'd strayed fractionally over to their side of the pavement ended up decking you, breaking your neck and calling you a w****r for good measure. They'd be locked away. Yet stick the same person in a car and they think it's ok.
HAHHA<, you need to head further up north... thats common practice...

but i have to admit i do suffer from road rage when im on my bike... well its not the road rage that is irrational. its idiot rage... i loose my foooking rag so easy with idiots on the road..
my missus couldnt believe it when she witnessed it cause im so laid back im almost horizontal.. nothing phases me.. but FWHITS in cars, or bikes or lorries

the situation you encountered i have no idea how i would react, and things like it are always different looking back..
but how ever you reacted is natural to you and best left the way it is..

if i had not have lost it there n then i would have pulled over and made some bogus call to the police that you just saw a car driving backwards round a roundabout over pavements said they looked drunk really beefed it up just so they get the police to have them on look out..
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

Timbo wrote::thumbup: I was reading that thinking "wow, lots of new users i havent heard of here, a newbie post fest!", then i saw your post rich :)
wish i'd av read yours before posting! D'OH!!!! :oops: :lol:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
METALDAN

Post by METALDAN »

:D :D :D :D :D :D Kicked it all off again though didn't I?
Put me in an empty room with a brick and i'll either break it, lose it or hurt myself on it!!!
ImageImage
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

S306 JTS is coming up no insurance on the Motor Insurance Database. Phone DVLA and explain that you were involved in an incident where you sustained damage involving this vehicle which drove off, they should then give you current keeper details.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Christ guys !!!! Blasts from the past or what !!! When a post notification came up i just had to have a look !!!!
How the f**k is everyone doing ?????????

:crazy: