Close call this morning!

General Bike chat
Pipstorm

Close call this morning!

Post by Pipstorm »

Filtering into work this morning, long line of stationary cars, there's me going up the inside (on the divider with the bus lane) when I see some Bast*rd eyeing me up in his "passenger side mirror" mirror.

Fortunatly only doing 10mph, just as I draw level the passenger door opens and I perform my first stoppie, landed with a crash but still upright :o !!

The passenger is laughing and giving me the fiddler*r sign, door still open :!:

Now I got the numberplate, but if I report him to the police, will they be "interested" in my filtering or just have a go at him?

What do you think?? I'm seriously pissed off as this was done just to knock me off! Oh and never seen him before so it's not someone I've peed off, cos I could understand that!

Phil
Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

look out for him follow him wait and cut off valve stems, or expanding foam up the exhaust is cool, sets like rock and wont see it till engine shagged.
it may be clever, but its not big.
Pipstorm

Post by Pipstorm »

I like the expanding foam idea, never thought of that one. :lol: :lol:

Spacemonkey

Post by Spacemonkey »

Filtering is legal in this country. One thing you can't do however, is to pass the lead vehicle when approaching zig zag lines for a crossing, that is, you must remain behind the car at the head of the queue in this circumstance. As long as you are filtering at a sensible speed, and not straying into the bus lane (unless the times dictated that was fine?) you should be ok. I think his offence is greater, but yours is probably easier to get a fine out of, if they can... :roll:
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over...."
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

JUST FOAM THE BUGGER :twisted:
it may be clever, but its not big.
Max

Post by Max »

Foam is the way to go
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Dont know what i would have done there ! :?
Probably follow and either kick the livin s***e out of him and his mate ( if necessary. Am not into gratuitous violence as you can tell ! :twisted: ), or sort the car out, any way you feel like !
Maybe leave a little parcel and note on his windscreen. ( or whats left of it ? ) :D
Squiffythewombat

Post by Squiffythewombat »

personally i cant understand why you didnt question his actions? i certainly would of done. Provdied you were filtering safely its all perfectly legal! if this was on large man road, chances are there is cctv.....but really i agree with the others

.....release the foam.........................
Squiffy_The_Wombat

Eagles may soar but wombats dont get sucked into jet engines!!
Pipstorm

Post by Pipstorm »

No CCTV on this road, I'm in Dumfries and we've just got a M+S so I don't think that kind of technology has got here yet.

I was so stunned that this Tw*T did this, my first thoughts were "fack, that was close" and "got away with it". However the more I think about it the more piss*d off I am. :evil:

I have informed the politzi, they will look out for the van as he has been reported for dangerous driving, they were interested in my filtering but seemed very concerned about his behaviour. Suppose never will know what happens :cry:

Must admit I kept my eye out for him this morning, anywaymust go as I have to pop up to Homebase for some expanding foam :lol:

Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I'd report this to the police, because if the inhabitants of the van are that irresponsible then they porbably don't have any tax/insurance etc anyway.

Last time I reported someone for no road tax on a car parked on a pavement the police didn't want to know. Later the same week when I was biking in the Dales my neighbours rang the police as my burglar alarm on the house was going off. The police weren't interested then either, but said that the neighbours could go and have a look themselves.

So, they probably won't give a toss anyway.
markg

Post by markg »

This is a bit worrying, talked to a mate at work the other day, he went out with a mate on a run to the East coast and the driver of a car done the same thing. Luckily him and his mate stopped in time but the car driver had done it deliberately and was abusive coz "he was fed up of bikes filtering past"
So I'm hoping this aint gonna become a trend with a minority of car drivers or someone is gonna get hurt.
Only funny thing from this story is that my mates mate was an off duty copper and he had his badge on him 8) !!
tattie

Post by tattie »

When you are up at Homebase, get a tube of 2 part stone repair resin, applied with mastic gun. Use it to Seal up the edge of the doors and bonnet.

"Well they started it"

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
jollybod

Post by jollybod »

Driving is just the wierdest thing, isn't it. Otherwise normal, law abiding, nice people, just turn into complete and utter psychos when behind a wheel.

Can you imagine some random walking past you on the pavement and then just because you'd strayed fractionally over to their side of the pavement ended up decking you, breaking your neck and calling you a w****r for good measure. They'd be locked away. Yet stick the same person in a car and they think it's ok.

The world needs a whole lot more love in it, man. yeah. Time for a fag and some beer.

Pip - on the plus side, is that your first stoppie and was there even a fraction of rolling about it? Coz that would be impressive!

Foam's such a good idea. Whoever came up with that - Genius. Do it.
Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

I am pretty shocked, and at least at best your not hurt.. however these fiddler should be at the least reported.nd at best taught a lesson..but dont expect the police to do anything,
if i was you go buy some Methylene Chloride (Dichloromethane) paint stripper put it in a water pistol ...and apply over fiddler motor..or follow said fiddler home.... when you know address ..bring some heavy bikers mates.. and a baseball bat..and play knock knock..
I had a bad experience recently.. a road rage car driver hit my rear brake lever and foot whilst i was moving from the outside lane to the inside lane of a duel carrigway....but no doubt i will meet him again..
yellafella

Post by yellafella »

Only way to make your point ! A damn good kicking ! :D what else will work ?
Trash their car ? They get more pissed ! :x
Report them ? Same conclusion ! :x
Summat that embarrasses them, doesnt get any sympathy for and really hurts ! A winner ! :D
Couple of Angels visiting usually does the Bizz !!!!