Oberon slave cylinder

General Bike chat
mik_str

Re: Oberon slave cylinder

Post by mik_str »

they are beautiful bits of kit to be sure...

if your objective is a lighter lever, you can also achieve it via switching to an OEM Ducati/Brembo radial MC (was switching to match my OEM Ducati/Brembo radial brake MC at the time and discovered a lighter feel post-installation)

just something to consider.....
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

I fitted an Oberon slave clutch cylinder to my 1100 Monster a couple of years ago. It does lighten up the clutch lever action but it isn't black magic. The clutch lever has to move further to have the same effect on the clutch at the other end. Therefore you have to adjust to the feel of the clutch again after fitting one.

Al.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

firestorm_al wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:26 am I fitted an Oberon slave clutch cylinder to my 1100 Monster a couple of years ago. It does lighten up the clutch lever action but it isn't black magic. The clutch lever has to move further to have the same effect on the clutch at the other end. Therefore you have to adjust to the feel of the clutch again after fitting one.

Al.
A good bit of INFO that Al :thumbup:

Personally I couldn't see a change in piston size not affecting lever movement, even though the guy in my previous post/link seemed to think it didn't,

Chris.