Oberon slave cylinder

General Bike chat
Kev L

Oberon slave cylinder

Post by Kev L »

Anyone fitted an Oberon slave cylinder to their bike? Are they beneficial or just bling?
All contributions welcomed :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
chris freckle

Re: Oberon slave cylinder

Post by chris freckle »

Hi Kev I put one on my Aprilia mille a couple of years ago, I would say bling probably a touch lighter but worked as standard.
Chris
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Cheers Chris, thanks for the reply. How does the finish stand up to the environment? Any fading of the anodised finish?
:thumbup:
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I'm sure Carl (VTRDark) bought one Kev,

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Yep still yet to fit it. Beautiful bit of machining and defo bling when it comes to looks compared to the original but from what I have read the internal design makes the clutch a little ligter to pull. My poor bike has been put on hold since the cold damp Wintery weather arrived. As soon as Spring arrives I shall be back out there. I went for Black like the original and not intrested in bright anodised colours.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

It’s the black I was concerned about. I’ve had a few items which were anodised black and have bleached in the weather to become grey or brown.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:07 pm It’s the black I was concerned about. I’ve had a few items which were anodised black and have bleached in the weather to become grey or brown.
Ahhh that explains your barnet then...you need to invest in a sun hat Kev...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

IMHO I would say it would be difficult to say exactly how much lighter they make the clutch lever feel to operate, unless you have a bike with original and one with the Oberon slave cylinder fitted, side by side to compare. Unless of course you could rig up some way of measuring the resistance with a spring balance or something like that before and after :?:
However this person, admittedly on a Ducati estimates a reduction of 30% :-

I would estimate that clutch heaviness has reduced by around 30% since fitting the new unit, whilst clutch engagement point and the high levels of lever feel have been retained from the old unit, thumbs up to Oberon.
Quote taken from this link:-
http://www.visordown.com/features/produ ... how-to-fit

If you got that, or there about on our Storms, a 30% reduction would be worth having :)

Chris.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I've had one on for the last 4 moths, done about 1500 miles and it's still like new. I believe it makes the clutch slightly lighter. but it's mainly bling hahaha
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I'm afraid that I cannot condone modern slavery, and have therefore reported you all to the hotline.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

tony.mon wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:34 pm I'm afraid that I cannot condone modern slavery, and have therefore reported you all to the hotline.
do you mean the babe station hotline...... :boobs:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

Kev L wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:07 pm It’s the black I was concerned about. I’ve had a few items which were anodised black and have bleached in the weather to become grey or brown.
Grey like your hair Lurch :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

Watty wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:19 pm
Grey like your hair Lurch :lol:
Lord Grain beat me to it :roll:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Thank you for the valuable input from those whose opinion I value, much obliged folks :thumbup:

Mac & Watty, very droll chaps, nobody’s ever commented on the titanium headlights before. Silly buggers :lol:
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Their claim is "The enhanced piston diameter reduces the heaviness of the original clutch action and brings much relief to aching arms."

And at the price $124.07 USD, thats not much more then an OEM one at $106.00...
Marquez Motorcycle Services
Solutions to recurring maintenance
Race/Adventure ride event prep
Post event services

Total Rider
Your path to a TX motorcycle license
And advanced Rider training