anyone using or thinking of using Evans Waterless coolant ?

General Bike chat
budd

anyone using or thinking of using Evans Waterless coolant ?

Post by budd »

I've got the bike in bits for it's winter fettle ( see superleggera project) and one of the items on my to do list is replace/flush the coolant and like most other site users I'm always on the look out for something better than I've already got, so when I came across Evan Waterless coolant I thought now that sounds like good stuff. However before I stumped up the (not inconsiderable) money for the prep fluid and the actual coolant it's self I did a few searches online and noticed that the glowing reports were coming from either Evans themselves or individuals supported by or in some way linked to Evans and that there wasn't really any independent reviews/comments.

That it is until I came across a series of youtube videos on this very subject. The first is from Delboys Garage (supported by Evans) and he's is heartily recommending Evans as the greatest thing ever and then there's a guy called Matt on the workshop channel totally sl*gging off the stuff. It's actually pretty funny because this Matt properly rips into this Delboy character (language is appalling but very funny)
The difference between opinions is Matt actually goes on to rubbish all Evans claims but back this up with some tests that appear to show Evans waterless coolant is in fact sh*te and is inferior to 50/50 water antifreeze mix in every situation.

Now I'm not going to say Evans is 'snake oil and therefore' crap (although it probably is) what I will say is anyone thinking of stumping up around £70 for the stuff should watch the youtube vids and then make your choice, I'll be giving the stuff a serve and sticking with good old water/anti-freeze.
search for the workshop channel and then evans waterless coolant sh*te within that, it's very interesting and funny at the same time so even if your not considering Evans it's worth a look.

youtube link :
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: anyone using or thinking of using Evans Waterless coolant ?

Post by sirch345 »

Interesting to hear your finds Budd.

Some say "Engine Ice" is supposed to be good,

Chris.
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

Yes Matt seems a very knowledgable guy and I do like his videos and I also watch a lot of dels too. Some of matts rants over delboys garage are funny. As Matt mentions a 50/50 mix is better than Evans and he’s went into depth to back what he says up but it’s your money so up to you, personally I wouldn’t buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
daz350

Post by daz350 »

I have got some in my rd seems better but the temp gauage is a bit erratic till it gets up to full temp
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

I have been running coolant known as Engine Ice for years now and am quite content with the results
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express