New Lid

General Bike chat
podman

New Lid

Post by podman »

Always fancied a Simpson lid for tooling about on the LCs, having tried (but not owned) a Bandit many moons ago in the early 90s, I found it too draughty and noisy at high speed, which is fair enough as it wasnt designed for bike use .

Anyway, I decided I wanted one after seeing a few around of recent but I needed to try them for myself, problem is there isnt a wide range of stockists about so I ended up visiting the UK importers (Kick Motorsport) today to try on the three lids I was most interested in, good job I did as 2 of the lids I was a different size(Street and Venom) and one of them crushed me conk a bit too much (M30), so I came away with a Venom which has a nice quality feeling liner, integral visor(I had to get a black one anyway....its the law..) feels light...and its street legal!

They did me a very good price as well.

I plan to still be using the Arai on the Firestorm and for longer trips but I love the look of it....

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image
fabiostar

Re: New Lid

Post by fabiostar »

i still love the look of the simpsons .. its an 80s thing with me and riding LCs with baseball boots :thumbup: :thumbup: .

iv actually got one of the original 6 that came into the country many many years ago belonging to a dear friend of mine Ian King god rest him that has pride of place in my house..

and yes its the law to have a black visor.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
podman

Re: New Lid

Post by podman »

fabiostar wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:13 am
iv actually got one of the original 6 that came into the country many many years ago belonging to a dear friend of mine Ian King god rest him that has pride of place in my house..
Nice piece of nostalgia and a memory to have there mate..