Bike lift [with added pics]

General Bike chat
TaxiDriver

Bike lift [with added pics]

Post by TaxiDriver »

Since buying the Storm my arthritis has been letting me know its still there,even just cleaning it has
kicked it off.....
I realised that I wouldn't be able to grovel around on the deck whilst fixing it up so decided to buy a hydraulic lift.Wanted one of the scissor type that lifts to 3' but it won't fit underneath so how about a atv/cruiser type one,lifts about 16" with casters,you know the type.Trouble is you've only got the sump area to lift with.
Anyways have had to seriously think about this and have reached the conclusion that even one of those isn't going to be high enough for comfortable work.
So it is with a heavy wallet that I'm going to have to lay out £350 on a Eazirizer Red.
I have to work outside so a bench type aint easy to store whereas these you can fold and hang on the wall.
Anyone any experience of these units?.
Last edited by TaxiDriver on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kev L

Re: Bike lift

Post by Kev L »

Just saw this on Gumtree mate, any good for you -

MOTORBIKE JACK / MOTORCYCLE LIFT 1500 Lb / 700 Kg CAPACITY- VERY GOOD CONDITION ONLY USED TWICE
https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-mot ... 1281942571
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

TaxiDriver wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:58 pm Since buying the Storm my arthritis has been letting me know its still there,even just cleaning it has
kicked it off.....
I realised that I wouldn't be able to grovel around on the deck whilst fixing it up so decided to buy a hydraulic lift.Wanted one of the scissor type that lifts to 3' but it won't fit underneath so how about a atv/cruiser type one,lifts about 16" with casters,you know the type.Trouble is you've only got the sump area to lift with.
Anyways have had to seriously think about this and have reached the conclusion that even one of those isn't going to be high enough for comfortable work.
So it is with a heavy wallet that I'm going to have to lay out £350 on a Eazirizer Red.
I have to work outside so a bench type aint easy to store whereas these you can fold and hang on the wall.
Anyone any experience of these units?.

Bazza has an abba stand bike lift he uses on his storm, similar thing...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
TaxiDriver

Post by TaxiDriver »

Kev L wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:57 pm Just saw this on Gumtree mate, any good for you -

MOTORBIKE JACK / MOTORCYCLE LIFT 1500 Lb / 700 Kg CAPACITY- VERY GOOD CONDITION ONLY USED TWICE
https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-mot ... 1281942571
Cheers mate,but that's the type that only lift about 16" not high enough for my owd bones.
TaxiDriver

Post by TaxiDriver »

Bazza has an abba stand bike lift he uses on his storm, similar thing...
[/quote]

Thanks Mac but the price is higher than I want to lift my bike.... :lol: :lol:

Trouble with the abba is you can't really whip out the swingarm as they utilise the pivot point.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

No problem mate, thought it might do you a turn.
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

My brother has one and I used it for a year stripping the old storm down.
They are very capable, but if I was to use it again I would take off all the bodywork, loosening all the big nuts and bolts that you need to before lifting it for long-term work.
Whilst the bike never came off, or I had any "oh fec" moments it still wobbles a bit.
I still had the bike secured to the rafters just to stop any over tipping.
It's also a heavy bugger.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Also take into account that the exhaust runs alongside the sump and gets in the way of getting something completly under unless you use blocks.
==============================Enter the Darkside
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

If your just doing general duties, cleaning etc, the lift has a wheel attachment, 2 big c's that go under your tires to lift up, make sure you get these or yes your balancing on blocks all the time.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Saw this today. Looks like it might fit your needs -

Motorbike lift, Ramp
https://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-mot ... 1282999291
podman

Post by podman »

If I had a choice(or the money to make a choice..) , from what ive read of recently, id have one of the Abba Skylifts, a friend of mine says its much easier to work on a bike with one of these and you an strip it down to the frame all in-situ and it can be moved around if needs me...pricey thou

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That's pretty awsome but I wish they would come up with a new design for the rear rachet strap. Unless you have a spool that sticks out a mile the strap is under pressure at an angle and can slip and IIRC there is also areas where it can rub on the inside of the strap along the swingarm so this could wear with time. Maybe this skylift is slightly diffrent from the atachment for the standard abba stand but it looks like the same principle. I wasn't impressd with AP's abba adapter and pulling the rachet strap can take some doing to pull the bike down. It's easier when a second person can push down on the rear of the bike and then pull the strap taught.
==============================Enter the Darkside
podman

Post by podman »

If you dont like the strap(cant comment as I havent used it) there is an adaptor abailable so you can secure it on the footrests, this is what my friend uses.

https://abbastands.co.uk/product-detail.asp?pid=21
TaxiDriver

Post by TaxiDriver »

Ok guys,thanks for the posts but I've already taken delivery of a red eazirizer and what a great bit of kit it is too!.
Had to buy a new geared drill as mine have died but it lifts it up with ease,or should that be eaz!.
Put a block of wood onto front rest to clear the pipe and the rest is pretty straight forward.
Lifts to a very workable height for my aching bones and really stable, ( I've taken pics but my pc is goosed and my tablet-imgur-nikon just ain't talking yet......
TaxiDriver

Post by TaxiDriver »

So I've got a new laptop and here duly are some pics of the lift in action.....

Eargh....gross......just bought some Harpic Max10 to deal with the downpipes. 8O

Anyhoo its a solid bit of kit and essential for bad back sufferes.