+2 Ignition Advancer

General Bike chat
carmanbikes

+2 Ignition Advancer

Post by carmanbikes »

Hello All, Has anyone used a +2 ignition advancer, just wondering if there any good as I can't get hold of the +4 TIA :thumbup:
tony.mon

Re: +2 Ignition Advancer

Post by tony.mon »

Apart from adding engine heat and curing carb coughs, the effect of a four degree advancer isn't that noticeable, and I'd expect a two degree to be even less so.
But every little helps.
Never tried a two, though, so can't say for sure.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
carmanbikes

Post by carmanbikes »

tony.mon wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:22 am Apart from adding engine heat and curing carb coughs, the effect of a four degree advancer isn't that noticeable, and I'd expect a two degree to be even less so.
But every little helps.
Never tried a two, though, so can't say for sure.
Thank's Tony, How you enjoying life with the SP2
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Getting used to it now, and the memory of the storm for comparison purposes is fading.
Still makes me smile just looking at it, and going up through the gears using the quickshifter is seriously good fun.

But it's harder work to ride distance, although softening up the suspension helps a bit.
I've got 520 miles to get to NI in July, just on the way there, plus riding for two days and same back, so better get my butt toughened for that one.

Overall- highly recommended but keep the Storm as well.
There are times when I'd have chosen to ride a Storm instead if I still had the choice.

And if you get one, don't be afraid to modify it- It's just a bike.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
carmanbikes

Post by carmanbikes »

It looks great and made up your enjoying it, I think the more miles you do the better it will be, they are not half going up in price so they look like one to keep hold of :thumbup: