Australia
lloydie

Re: Moriwaki carbs for sale on jauce.com

Post by lloydie »

But no needle kit to go with it :-(
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Same ones I bid on and lost out. I've had reliable info that the seller is not to be trusted - items delivered that are not those listed.

I was going to bid again but I'm not taking the risk. Moeny I can spend on slipper clutch or, most likely, service parts and dyno time.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

freeridenick wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:34 pm Same ones I bid on and lost out. I've had reliable info that the seller is not to be trusted - items delivered that are not those listed.

I was going to bid again but I'm not taking the risk. Moeny I can spend on slipper clutch or, most likely, service parts and dyno time.
Before shelling out big bucks for a slipper clutch, you may want to give a Krankvent a try. It`s a crankcase pressure reduction valve; I have been running one for a few years now and the reduction in compression braking is remarkable (and a lot cheaper than a slipper clutch). I also had an idea for a one-way stopper valve to bleed air into the intake port (via the vacuum feed) to help overcome the elevated intake vacuum under deceleration. I never followed through (as the KV does such a nice job) but the option remains, and both are MUCH cheaper than the slipper.

Just a thought...
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

I've thought about that too. In fact I messaged you ages ago and you gave me the info :thumbup:

Krankvent, lowers from Stephan and still cash for the Dyno... :think:
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

freeridenick wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:59 pm I've thought about that too. In fact I messaged you ages ago and you gave me the info :thumbup:

Krankvent, lowers from Stephan and still cash for the Dyno... :think:
Oops, my Canadian winter seasonal Alzheimer is setting in...

Anyhow, considering the price, I think I would start with the cheaper option and work my way to the slipper as a last resort (they`re not cheap)
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Those carbs have appeared and disappeared a few times in the last month or so.
Just know because that is where I found my pistons. A few more sets have shown up but for quite a bit more than I paid. The site is a bit of a pain as they have so many added charges, to the point it does get old.
Though they do have the fastest shipping around. My package hit the post in Japan on the 13th and it was at my door on the 16th including a trip through customs and the 15th was a holiday :clap:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

There's a stage 2 engine on there too. Looked into it byt has to be exported properly and when I chexked that out it puts shipping at 380 pounds alone. That does not include the import tax. Very much changes the initial price of 70p quid for the engine!
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Yeah saw that one also..... I'm too poor for that type of thing anymore but if there is something you really want, I do have a guy.....lol
It's good to be the "carb guy"...lol but I have a contact in Japan, just got my Mori instruction sheet translated.... :thumbup:

Who might be willing to break something like that down and ship it as "used parts" but still might be cost prohibitive.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

8541Hawk wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:36 pm Yeah saw that one also..... I'm too poor for that type of thing anymore but if there is something you really want, I do have a guy.....lol
It's good to be the "carb guy"...lol but I have a contact in Japan, just got my Mori instruction sheet translated.... :thumbup:

Who might be willing to break something like that down and ship it as "used parts" but still might be cost prohibitive.

Yea I did have a look at perhaps sending it as three 30kg packages but again it would cost a fortune. Would be nice to have something like that and I know my engine could be sold for a reasonable sum. Keep having to remind myself I have a baby on the way in a few weeks 😂
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

StormyRob wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:41 pm
8541Hawk wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:36 pm Yeah saw that one also..... I'm too poor for that type of thing anymore but if there is something you really want, I do have a guy.....lol

Yea I did have a look at perhaps sending it as three 30kg packages but again it would cost a fortune. Would be nice to have something like that and I know my engine could be sold for a reasonable sum. Keep having to remind myself I have a baby on the way in a few weeks 😂
I think welding it back together after it`s been cut in 3 would be the toughest part...
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Also if you look close at the pics the front slide is stuck about half way open.... 8O
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

mik_str wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:48 pm

I think welding it back together after it`s been cut in 3 would be the toughest part...

I meant basically dismantling the engine. Wouldnt think the crankcase would be over 30kg? Then the two heads. Then the internals.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

StormyRob wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:30 pm
mik_str wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:48 pm

I meant basically dismantling the engine. Wouldnt think the crankcase would be over 30kg? Then the two heads. Then the internals.
I wasn't serious about cutting it into 3...