Obsessed?

General Bike chat
uk13iker

Obsessed?

Post by uk13iker »

Does anyone else’s other half tell them to stop talking about motorbikes? All I seem to do lately is be looking at bikes talking bikes or thinking bikes haha. Also find myself having to stop myself making conversation about bikes because I know the other person is not into them, maybe it’s because i can’t wait for some decent weather to get out and to meet up with you lot on various week/weekend trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: Obsessed?

Post by Pete.L »

Yep!
I think it's that time of year too. Not enough biking friends nearby, not been on the bike in a while and just a hint of sunshine to tell us spring is on its way. Gives me itchy palms and I just can't wait to get out and enjoy myself properly.
Saying that, the wife has also been telling me to shut up about cars too. My old clunker is on the way out and I've been looking most nights for a new one since before christmas :lol:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

It's cold up here. It's 6deg outside and feels positively balmy compared to what we've been having. T'was a bit colder yesterday but sunny so I got out for a short 30 mile ride. Just to warm the bike up prior to a good wash. It was bliss.

WRT to chattering about bikes to swmbo I forget myself and start doing it. I get a vacant grin and she starts repeating parts of the conversation getting the words all wrong.... Ho hum.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Obsessed is a huge understatement :p .....iv found myself talking to the dog about mine :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:26 pm Obsessed is a huge understatement :p .....iv found myself talking to the dog about mine :eek2
:lol: :clap:

I've just read all of this thread out to my better half, she say's it sounds just like me :angel:

Guilty to all of the above I'm afraid,

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Pete I never had you down as a sunny Sunday rider...Ya wuss get out there it's only a bit of cold & rain & salty slippery roads...Oh hang on...I supose if you have the choice then take the warm dry car... :lol:

I could buy one but cant be arsed, more money to spend on Storms... :lol: :lol:

On the plus side, it's fairly light in the morns now about 7am & not getting dark till 5ish in the eves.

Got my first bug splat on the visor, of the year on the way home tonight... :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
TaxiDriver

Post by TaxiDriver »

I feel your pain regarding the nice weather....But take into account I aint ridden one[except test rides of everything else but a Storm] for nigh on 10 years....yes I'm getting a bit OBSESSED.... :beer:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Ear plugs will help your case !
Give them her just before you start chatting bike talk .

Then when she wants to start nagging you about not taking the bin out pop the ear plugs in your ears and she’ll get the message
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

taking the bin out now that’s another subject ear plugs ordered haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Turns out I'm not as obsessed as the volunteer I met today at the National Motor Museum, Beaulieu.
Derek Taylor, reckons he raced a few interesting bikes in the 70's and early 80's, bent my ears for about an hour!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

MacV2 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:04 pm Pete I never had you down as a sunny Sunday rider...Ya wuss

Well my cheeks are glowing now (the ones attached to my nose and not the one I'm sat on)
Great weekend for a few miles. Was a bit of a steady eddie but loved it anyway. Of course, I was on the Suzuki so I'll have to run back out to the garage tomorrow and see if it's disappeared into a pile of rust :D
Keeping me Honda for later :wink:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
podman

Post by podman »

We will all be needing one of these T shirts.. :mrgreen:

[url]Image

Seems to have been a really long Winter this year, i think we are all going stir crazy..
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

lol pretty much sums it up :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: