Should I...

General Bike chat
cheekykev

Re: Should I...

Post by cheekykev »

uk13iker wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:40 am I was so tempted to bid on it but I’m sceptical about most ads on eBay and something about it put me off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You were right to give it a miss, like I posted before, it would probably be OK for a project/track bike but for a road bike or investment stay clear, there's something wrong with that bike or/and the person selling it.
When I'm making a purchase or a decision, I have a golden rule, if there's a but or it just doesn't feel right walk away and forget about it, another one will come along.
When I was looking for a rare white 2002 SP2 I went all the way to Edinburgh on the train with my leathers and helmet in a bag to look at a so called excellent one, smelt a rat and got the train back, did the same numerous times all over the country.
It took me nearly 2 years to find the right one, in the end after all the distances I'd travelled, eventually one turned up just 7 miles from home, and it was only by chance.
A former member on here who I quite often used ride out with, Bennyhedges (Martin) as we knew him had won a side panel for CBR600 on Ebay and went to pick it up, when the guy opened the garage door there sat an SP2 with only 6,000 miles on the clock which the guy was about to sell but hadn't got round to advertising it, he mentioned he was about to buy a house at the end of the week and needed to get rid of it quickly.
Martin knew I'd been looking for one and phoned me straight away.
Obviously I got myself over there very quickly, I think I was there in about 20 mins, to be honest with all the disappointing results I'd had looking for one in the past I didn't hold much hope, but to my surprise when I got there I found this was no ordinary SP2, and even better for me the owner didn't know that It was a genuine 1 of 15 Colin Edwards Laguna Seca replica commissioned by Honda, I phone SprayBay which was the company that was originally commissioned by HRC Honda to do the bikes, and they confirmed it was genuine.
I looked at the paperwork and noticed the bike was originally bought new from a Honda dealer in Bournemouth, so I phoned them and they also confirmed it to be original, as you can well imagine I made the guy a fare offer, he excepted it and I bought it took it away :D

Anyway the moral of this story is, if in doubt don't jump in, just sit back and wait, the chances are something better will come along.
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost