BLUE bike refurb log

General Bike chat
TaxiDriver

Re: BLUE bike refurb log

Post by TaxiDriver »

Got a few more bits to add today.....

Had a visit from the legend that is BrianC today,helped to walk me through the time consuming
work that is involved to get to the really easy work of fitting the mcct's,just an out of tolerance valve to sort and then good to go.
Can you believe it,Hagon completely replaced all the metal work and then put the manky spring back on......

Does anyone know what type of throttle this might be?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Top man BrianC :thumbup:

I like the look of the parts on the bench, but not sure the new rad is going to go so well, especially if you're leaving it white :wink: :lol:

That throttle looks standard from the photo, but I'm guessing someone has added extended cables to it for your higher handlebars.

Did you find those brass screw type cable nipples on the ends of the throttle cables :?:
They're not a favourite of mine, I prefer proper soldered ones,

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I ran a Hagon with a remote adjuster on mine for years, and when you get a refurb they replace the older design damper rod lower section with the latest version foc.
For a cheaper shock they certainly look after the customer.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
TaxiDriver

Post by TaxiDriver »

sirch345 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:13 pm Top man BrianC :thumbup:

I like the look of the parts on the bench, but not sure the new rad is going to go so well, especially if you're leaving it white :wink: :lol:

That throttle looks standard from the photo, but I'm guessing someone has added extended cables to it for your higher handlebars.

Did you find those brass screw type cable nipples on the ends of the throttle cables :?:
They're not a favourite of mine, I prefer proper soldered ones,

Chris.
Thanks for that Chris,Yes could just be for the longer cables.

Of course I'm going to paint it blue..... :lol:
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Throttle looks like mine standard storm body with fire blade cables fitted for higher renthal bars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
TaxiDriver

Post by TaxiDriver »

Duffy1964 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:01 am Throttle looks like mine standard storm body with fire blade cables fitted for higher renthal bars

Cheers for that.................
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

I was just relieved to see its a blue one - and the proper shade as well

Brian
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

TaxiDriver wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:09 am
Of course I'm going to paint it blue..... :lol:
:lol: That should make all the difference :lol:

Duffy1964 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:01 am Throttle looks like mine standard storm body with fire blade cables fitted for higher renthal bars
That's interesting to know Duffy, is there any particular year(s) that fit our Storms :?: obviously they'll need to be the years with carbs for a start :lol:

Chris.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

I think it was early 90’s blade models, it was Lloydie that gave me the info if I recall correctly

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Duffy1964 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:13 pm I think it was early 90’s blade models, it was Lloydie that gave me the info if I recall correctly Image

That makes sense as Lloydie had an early Blade that he Streetfightered :thumbup:

Cheers,

Chris.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Im sure graham will be along soon to caution about buying chinese stuff !!!!!

Sorry graham - couldnt resist :wink:

Just pleased we got that timing sorted, and now its over to you to reconstruct - but im only a phone call wnd 15 mins away

Brian
TaxiDriver

Post by TaxiDriver »

Yea bloody thing,thanks again Brian for your time and input.
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Always a pleasure graham
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

Great morning spent with graham today.

We got the carbs on - only problem being those damned solderless nipples needed on the extended cables for the raised bars
Plastic trims then airbox and i have to say came up with a blinder to fit that damned front breather pipe to the airbox - just disconnect it from the cam cover the fix it to the bottom of the airbox before trying to locate the airbox!!!! Then fit it back to the cam cover - genious!!!

So filter and airbox top then the tank - we couldnt find the pivot bolt!!!

Fairing back on and its looking like a bike again - just need to fit the forks now graham and its turn the key time !

Ps oil change first !!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

BrianC wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:58 pm Great morning spent with graham today.

We got the carbs on - only problem being those damned solderless nipples needed on the extended cables for the raised bars
Plastic trims then airbox and i have to say came up with a blinder to fit that damned front breather pipe to the airbox - just disconnect it from the cam cover the fix it to the bottom of the airbox before trying to locate the airbox!!!! Then fit it back to the cam cover - genious!!!
That tells me that you haven't got the plastic plate fitted that goes under the carbs to deflect engine heat?

You will have just as much trouble trying to get the vent pipe to go through that if you connect it to the airbox first.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.