up cycle a storm

General Bike chat
fabiostar

up cycle a storm

Post by fabiostar »

well as i have two storms that kinda do the same job iv decided to,using a trendy word ,upcycle the yellow one. its now moved into the general use/touring roll but that brings problems :confused . soft front end. capacity to carry a weekends worth of clothes/drink and tank range.

well no need to thank me guys i have it cured.

soft front end sorted and better brakes to boot.

i have a renntec rack already fitted but for longer periods away i decided, how about a tow bar? yup thats works for.

and that dam small fuel tank and the range.. i thought of vfr tank but just dont like the shape of those so had to think outa the box on this one...sorted, i think it blends in fine with the rest of the bike and the new tank gives me a range of 1784 miles before the light comes on..
:eek2

Image..

these mods have been brought to you free of charge so feel free to copy them. :beer:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
KermitLeFrog

Re: up cycle a storm

Post by KermitLeFrog »

"2001 A Space Odyssey". Just use the Force.

This pathetic post was brought to you by Mr Mixed Metaphor.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

lmao.... i knew i shouldnt have taken those drugs today :lol: :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Try to find yourself a Harris endurance tank :wink: If this is going to be for touring and genral runaround then maybe it's worth considering low level exhausts as then you have many options for panniers.
==============================Enter the Darkside
podman

Post by podman »

I like what you.ve done with that..

I have fitted the renntec top box to the rack , so thats clothing etc sorted, im heading off to Spa in June, which isnt that far but I was thinking of buying a fuel bladder, couple of options available, both expensive

https://www.mxstore.com.au/p/Desert-Fox ... UELCELLFOX

Or most likely a smaller can, which can be strapped or bolted to the bike, maybe the rack or subframe..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3L-Portable- ... SwDApagSdy
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Here's some ideas - esp like the rear seat fuel tank that would give you more range

Robert Edison Fulton Jr. – One of the First Men to Motorcycle Solo Around the World

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

VTRDark wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:56 pm Try to find yourself a Harris endurance tank :wink: If this is going to be for touring and genral runaround then maybe it's worth considering low level exhausts as then you have many options for panniers.
well the harris tank is the holy grail :clap: tho it would go onto the blue bike if i ever won the lottery and found one... pipe wise i have a set of low levels here which i can swap on if im using soft panniers :thumbup: