Strip down to alter CCT?

General Bike chat
loinstallion

Strip down to alter CCT?

Post by loinstallion »

A quick one, do I have to strip down to measure the play in the chain to adjust the manual CCT or can I do it as is. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AMCQ46

Re: Strip down to alter CCT?

Post by AMCQ46 »

Yes , strip down to remove the rear cam cover as an absolute minimum.. And if you are not confident doing the front mcct blind, then you should take the front cam cover off as well.

There is a way to copy the setting used on the rear to get the 7mm free play, onto the front, but if you are not too sure, then play it safe and measure and set both.

Also make sure you follow the documented process to set at the correct tdc before removing the CCT and don't remove them both at the same time... Have a good read in the workshop section and if you need help someone can talk you through the process on the phone

Good luck
AMcQ
loinstallion

Post by loinstallion »

AMCQ46 wrote:Yes , strip down to remove the rear cam cover as an absolute minimum.. And if you are not confident doing the front mcct blind, then you should take the front cam cover off as well.

There is a way to copy the setting used on the rear to get the 7mm free play, onto the front, but if you are not too sure, then play it safe and measure and set both.

Also make sure you follow the documented process to set at the correct tdc before removing the CCT and don't remove them both at the same time... Have a good read in the workshop section and if you need help someone can talk you through the process on the phone

Good luck
Got it, cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

for all the time it takes to pop both covers it will give you peace of mind...
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: