Pick your battles!

General Bike chat
Kev L

Pick your battles!

Post by Kev L »

Nasty b4stard -

Driver slams into motorcyclist in suspected road rage scuffle http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43718055
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Re: Pick your battles!

Post by agentpineapple »

personally I've never felt the need to knock a mirror off or kick a car, not saying I haven't thought about it.
but logic dictates that there's every chance it will escalate. and if it does, in the battle between a car and a bike it's only going to end one way.
so either you decide to teach a driver a lesson and damage there vehicle, in which case drop a gear and disappear..... :wink:
or take a deep breath and believe in kharma........ :thumbup:

I hope they find and prosecute the driver in the video, and I hope they do jail time for it.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It's in the US so he's lucky he didn't get shot. Getting knocked off your bike is the least of your problems over there.
==============================Enter the Darkside
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Attempted murder
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

As Marty points out, you're never going to win in those circumstances. As bad as that must have been, I'm glad the biker is still here to tell the tale,

Chris.
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

VTRDark wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:46 pm It's in the US so he's lucky he didn't get shot. Getting knocked off your bike is the least of your problems over there.
Really?? :whatever
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Bit of a sweeping statement and Hawk is right on it, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Getting shot is one thing, yes the US has a much higher gun crime rate that us over here, but if your wanting stabbed, come over to blighty and we will sort you out.
Glasgow (well central belt of Scotland) had the highest stabbing rate in Europe for over 10 years, the recent "wave" in south England is the higher than anywhere in the US and no mater what the "goverment" says, its not going to get any better for a long time yet.

Anyone with the unfortunate misfortune to be involved with road rage has 2 options: Get involved or don't.

But back to the sweeping statment. If/when we do come apart from our bikes, crumbled up in a heap in the ditch, it will only be squirles and rats that will take avantage of us in the UK, hopefully no snakes, spiders, pumas, rakoons, wolfs, bears or Bigfoots to take advantage of our bodies as we wait for help. :thumbup: :thumbup:
So yes we are fortunate over here :biggrin
But if you are in that situation up in Tayside or Fife, you might be taken advanatge of by the local spinsters always on the lookout for fresh DNA......... (sorry, couldn'y help myself) :Sperm:
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
xeris

Post by xeris »

VTRDark wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:46 pm It's in the US so he's lucky he didn't get shot. Getting knocked off your bike is the least of your problems over there.
Ain't that the truth.
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”
~ Mark Twain
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

jesus, he was lucky not to get killed. what kind of driver could think that was ok
AMcQ