HJC Helmets

General Bike chat
popkat

Re: HJC Helmets

Post by popkat »

Just goes to show cheap is usually far from best or even good enough, in the USA at least they don't seem too interested in stamping out fake safety goods that are easily available online.. Amusing video though..

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That's just scary that something like that is sold on eBay though I do like the zip on neck warmer.
==============================Enter the Darkside
xeris

Post by xeris »

popkat wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:16 pm I was looking at the skull caps on ebay but don't know if they'd work, anyone used them ?
Have used one from day one, but not because of any vanity reasons.
Does it keep my rapidly thinning hair less bazaar when I take the lid off? Maybe. I use one because it keeps the liner of the helmet cleaner much, much longer. The skull cap is a two minuet job to clean, which is not the case for the helmet liner.
Does it decrease the air flow to your skull? Most likely. The summer here are plenty hot and I really don't find a small(?) reduction air flow troublesome.
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”
~ Mark Twain
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

What do these skull caps look like then :?: the closest thing I have to that is an Oxford balaclava.
xeris wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:05 pm
popkat wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:16 pm I was looking at the skull caps on ebay but don't know if they'd work, anyone used them ?
Does it keep my rapidly thinning hair less bazaar when I take the lid off? Maybe. I use one because it keeps the liner of the helmet cleaner much, much longer. The skull cap is a two minuet job to clean, which is not the case for the helmet liner.
That is a really good idea :thumbup:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

iv a Shark Speed R that when my napper grows does the same to me :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
popkat

Post by popkat »

sirch345 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:26 pm What do these skull caps look like then :?: the closest thing I have to that is an Oxford balaclava.

Chris.

Like this EDZ one Chris, there's two types from them, the cheaper one has a centre seem which can leave an impression on your forehead when you take it off, the other has 2 side seems. there's loads more types out there on google

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EDZ-All-Seas ... Sw0e9U0nm-

My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
popkat

Post by popkat »

xeris wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:05 pm

It's not vanity reasons, I look like the newest member of the prodigy when I take my lid off, well maybe that is vanity but I gave up on hairstyles like that many years ago :lol:

Good to have a review from someone who uses one though, think I'll try the EDZ version :thumbup:

KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Patra silk balaclava. I have a few. Wash them on a regular basis, never wash the inside of my (mo'cycle) helmet.

I've been waiting for the day I've been asked to remove my helmet at a petrol station (which I will do but keep my balaclava on) but it's never happened, yet.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Get a hair cut ya fekin HIPPY!...problem solved...

Ive been useing a skull cap thingy thing...Mainly as been said just to keep the helmet lining clean. Just bung it in the washer at the end of the week.

I got mine from J&S...cheap as chips it hasnt got any elastic in the seam so don't leave a mark on me head, in fact it normaly comes off when I remove the lid. But I also tend to have very short hair...Infact whats left of it gets a No.2 clipper job every few weeks...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

VTRDark wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:56 am Is it possible to be happy and grumpy at the same time. Anyway I have a solution for you. Get kev to make you a titanium wig :lol: As for Al I have some body armour for him. :biggrin

i am liking that, need to see if they do one in Ti
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

.....and in size xs Al!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Watty

Post by Watty »

VTRDark wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:56 am Is it possible to be happy and grumpy at the same time. Anyway I have a solution for you. Get kev to make you a titanium wig :lol: As for Al I have some body armour for him. :biggrin

:eek2
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

popkat wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:50 pm
sirch345 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:26 pm What do these skull caps look like then :?: the closest thing I have to that is an Oxford balaclava.

Chris.

Like this EDZ one Chris, there's two types from them, the cheaper one has a centre seem which can leave an impression on your forehead when you take it off, the other has 2 side seems. there's loads more types out there on google

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EDZ-All-Seas ... Sw0e9U0nm-
Thanks Malc for the INFO and link :thumbup:

Chris.
Watty

Post by Watty »

macdee wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:36 am Man up Poofcat
:lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
popkat

Post by popkat »

Watty wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:00 pm
macdee wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:36 am Man up Poofcat
:lol:
What you laughing at :Finger1: :wink: