Bikes can be dangerous.

General Bike chat
StormyRob

Bikes can be dangerous.

Post by StormyRob »

Yep. Learned yesterday that a Bike can be quite dangerous even when not being ridden.

Stuck the blade front end on yesterday so I could test fit the yamamoto system. Had thr sidestand down. Then moved her forward a little bit and unknown to me the stand was caught by a bit of wood. Put the bike on the "stand" and then went to turn to go to the shed. Obviously the bike was not really on the stand and I immediately had the weight of the bike on my right ankle. That had me trapped for a few seconds in agony Image

Swelled up with an egg sized lump instantly and I thought it was broken so headed to A and E. Thankfully does not look broken and can continue being stupid

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
Kev L

Re: Bikes can be dangerous.

Post by Kev L »

Don’t take that as gospel mate, x rays whilst it’s still swollen are notoriously unreliable. Don’t be surprised if you get a call back once it gets reviewed.
Oh and by the way.......knob! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Ouch I hope the bike is ok Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

It is indeed mate and that was my first thought. Thankfully she was naked at the time and my foot under the sump held her up enough I think 😂
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Hope the swelling goes down soon mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Ouch indeed. Get well soon Rob,

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

StormyRob wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 4:36 pm It is indeed mate and that was my first thought. Thankfully the wife was naked at the time and my foot under the rump held her up enough I think 😂

fixed that for you :lol: :lol:

holy sh1t what are you doing trying to kill yourself :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Just can't seem to help myself mate!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Ouch, that looks feckin painful.
Good luck putting your bike boots on over that !
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 7:05 am Ouch, that looks feckin painful.
Al your missing a trick here... get in quick with an offer to buy that lump to replace your missing one... :Ball Kick:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Ouch, that's blown up like a balloon. Get a cold pack on that and try to keep it raised to help the swelling go down. Count your blessings that wasn't a toe.
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

MacV2 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 7:16 am
AMCQ46 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 7:05 am Ouch, that looks feckin painful.
Al your missing a trick here... get in quick with an offer to buy that lump to replace your missing one... :Ball Kick:
That made me laugh, but you can still feck off for being a cheeky bell end
AMcQ
bertye

Post by bertye »

That happened to me years ago with a Jap import 750 Hurricane. The Jap bikes have the side stand to vertical so they can park more it small spaces. I had just packed out side a shop, got of and was just going to walk away. One foot on the path the other still on the road with my back to the bike. It rolled forward and fell on me (it was on a level surface), so my leg was trapped underneath the bike and jammed against the curb with my back to it. I could not move and no one come to help. I had to try and lift the bike of me with my back to the bike. I get there in the end but would not want to do it again. I think the embarrassment factor make you super strong. I cut a little of the side stand stop so it would kick a little more forward, so the bike would need to lift itself up to roll forward. Soon as I brought my 2nd Hurricane, it was the 1st job I did on it. Hope you leg will be OK.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

bertye wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 10:53 am That happened to me years ago with a Jap import 750 Hurricane. The Jap bikes have the side stand to vertical so they can park more it small spaces. I had just packed out side a shop, got of and was just going to walk away. One foot on the path the other still on the road with my back to the bike. It rolled forward and fell on me (it was on a level surface), so my leg was trapped underneath the bike and jammed against the curb with my back to it. I could not move and no one come to help. I had to try and lift the bike of me with my back to the bike. I get there in the end but would not want to do it again. I think the embarrassment factor make you super strong. I cut a little of the side stand stop so it would kick a little more forward, so the bike would need to lift itself up to roll forward. Soon as I brought my 2nd Hurricane, it was the 1st job I did on it. Hope you leg will be OK.

Thanks. Already feels a lot better. I had no one to help me either unfortunately 😂 was not nice