old yellow

General Bike chat
fabiostar

old yellow

Post by fabiostar »

well its been such a hard decision it really has but old yellow is going to a new home... for various reasons.. its been part of the family 5 years now, its also the reason i ended up a vtr fecking lunatic :eek2 :eek2 ...

i will miss the old girl its taken near on a year to get the balls up to actually sell it :sad2 .. but two 1000c bikes sitting and do i really get out as much as i used to? well no i dont.. it was the bike i used for general work,touring,fun,arsing about on but due to, quite frankly this fecking diabeties sh1t it causes me to be like a 80 year old after a bit of mileage so it was wasted with me..

so plan B.. the mori stays, thats a given, its going into the ground with me and will be used for short rips/sunday runs/Richard waving look at me days and the very odd track day..

but one bikes not enuf..

so for short blasts,ease of manhandling im down sizing to a lighter bike...

it aint no rocket ship and its a tad ugly but i actually like them.. a whopping great fmx 650 honda.

im now open to full scale slagging.. :beer: :beer:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Re: old yellow

Post by MacV2 »

No slagging here.

Before my first Storm Ole Red (1997-2013 RiP) I had a Dominator, basicaly the engine in the FMX. Once It had a decent set of tyres on it, it was quite fun...Shite uncomfortable on a long run, so it had to go...so I got the Storm to commute on... :lol: :lol:

That was the start of my Stormitus...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I hope it all works out for you Rob, I'm sure it couldn't have been an easy decision.

Someone is going to have a very nice bike in Old Yellow.

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Bye bye old Yellow but why a 650 when you could get a little 250 2 stroker to play with. :biggrin Go on you know you want to. :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Thats a life decision there! I think it will work out and the new owner of your storm is a lucky man
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

It's a tough decision, but makes sense. Hope the little bike is more comfortable and you can get it looking like a dirty evil supermoto

But the blue bike for Scotland trip is going to take some self medicating 8O to get you through
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

the supermoto choice was really because iv spent so many years racing them so i have a soft spot for them. if it doesnt work out il get stroker to play with it....

Al as you say the scotland trip will be fun lol... but i think the roads will keep my mind of any discomfort ,and a set of padded cycling shorts,in lycra of course will do the job grand.. :clap: :clap:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

fabiostar wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 7:53 am the supermoto choice was really because iv spent so many years racing them so i have a soft spot for them. if it doesnt work out il get stroker to play with it....

Al as you say the scotland trip will be fun lol... but i think the roads will keep my mind of any discomfort ,and a set of padded cycling shorts,in lycra of course will do the job grand.. :clap: :clap:
Nah ..it'll be one of these you need...

https://www.welcomemobility.co.uk/Produ ... hions.aspx

:lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

lol thankyou mac :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

well the guy came to check the storm but made a mistake, his wife. well she said the rear seat wasnt gona fit her to well...aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh you think lol :p :p ..

so it appears old yellow is still here..... confussed now as to what to do really.....

carry on as normal,nothing to see here so move along..
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Maybe she's need Mac's ring :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:09 pm lol thankyou mac :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

well the guy came to check the storm but made a mistake, his wife. well she said the rear seat wasnt gona fit her to well...aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh you think lol :p :p ..

so it appears old yellow is still here..... confussed now as to what to do really.....

carry on as normal,nothing to see here so move along..
Ah so it's not a done deal yet after all, I thought it may have been,

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i thought it was a done deal.. so did the other guy until a woman got involved lol... :lol: :lol: :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

He should have got to your place on his own :lol:

To be fair though, the Storm probably isn't the best for a pillion rider, although there are plenty a lot worse,

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It's a bloody sports bike not touring. I think the guy most likely wanted this bike and thought he could get one over his wife. Yep he should have left her at home and bought what ever he wanted and told her it's up to you. You can either get on the back or get your own bike. Bikes are not really designed for two people anyway, even with touring bikes. Yes they are more comfortable but a pillion seat / position is always going to be a compromise. Bin the wife and buy a new one, preferably one that rides bikes aswell or is happy staying at home while you go and do your thing. :biggrin
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

well it worked out for the better in the end. an old mates taking old yellow next weekend so its away to a good home and its about 3 miles from me house.... :clap: :clap: :clap: