Jobs, jobs, jobs.

General Bike chat
loinstallion

Jobs, jobs, jobs.

Post by loinstallion »

So next months jobs are check the manual CCTs as there is a leak from one, pull through the brakes and new fluid and pads and have a look at valve clearances. Is there anything else whilst I’ve got it in bits that I should be doing? Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
agentpineapple

Re: Jobs, jobs, jobs.

Post by agentpineapple »

loinstallion wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:33 pm So next months jobs are check the manual CCTs as there is a leak from one, pull through the brakes and new fluid and pads and have a look at valve clearances. Is there anything else whilst I’ve got it in bits that I should be doing? Cheers.

check and grease rear shock linkages.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
loinstallion

Post by loinstallion »

agentpineapple wrote:
loinstallion wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:33 pm So next months jobs are check the manual CCTs as there is a leak from one, pull through the brakes and new fluid and pads and have a look at valve clearances. Is there anything else whilst I’ve got it in bits that I should be doing? Cheers.

check and grease rear shock linkages.
Oh aye, added to the list cheers.

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Make sure you can undo the cheesy generator cap and set your timing correctly according to the following.

Manual Cam Chain Tensioner Installation Guide (MCCT's)

What's the milage on the bike. There's good chance the valve clearnces will be good. I wouldnlt bother TBH unless you have a higher milage engine like over 25 though unless you know what you doing and don't worry about things like the cam sprockets being out half a tooth. Start moving them about trying to get it spot-on and depending in which direction you settle on being out a little will have a small affect on clearances. While your carbs are off you might as well clean up lube the choke cable as well as the throttle cable. If you havent got the front vaccum take-off then install one on the front cylinder.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=18430

Oh and the perfect time to get in and degrease and clean things your couldn't get to before. Stick a magnent on a stick and run it along the bottom V where the engine mount bolt runs through and see if you can find any dropped screws/bolts down there and under the coolant bottle. You might even find some money :lol:

For your leaky CCT just use a ring of gasket sealant around the base and make sure to put a little along the threaded bar before screwing it in and if you have a rubber O-ring on there then remove it as they cause more grief than good especially if they perish and/or don't sit inside a tapered cut out. My guess is that this could be the reason of your leak.
==============================Enter the Darkside
loinstallion

Post by loinstallion »

Sounds like a plan. I’m just over 28k miles so it’s about time for a pull through.

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

And regularly slap something lubey on the starter motor terminal under the rubber hood to stop it disintegrating...
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
loinstallion

Post by loinstallion »

Wicky wrote:And regularly slap something lubey on the starter motor terminal under the rubber hood to stop it disintegrating...
Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk