MOT a week or two back - chain tension saga

General Bike chat
Wicky

MOT a week or two back - chain tension saga

Post by Wicky »

Discreetly watch second bike TA 650 going though its MOT and I know that chain brings out worst of tester's OCD as it was marked as loose in advisory last year. I know it's in perfect condition and correctly tensioned but for him it's a fail for too slack. So he kindly gets the tools out and tightens it and passes it which is all shown on the new MOT paperwork :-)

Riding away stange noises are emitted from down by left foot. So when I get home promptly reset it back to how it was and all is well - I'm happy - the tester is happy! I'll still go back to him as he means well and is thorough in his own way.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tony.mon

Re: MOT a week or two back - chain tension saga

Post by tony.mon »

That's actually quite short for a saga, john.
Can you pad it out a bit?
It's a chapter, not a book.
We'll struggle to get an episode commissioned by channel 5, and there's no chance of a series.

-Your agent.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Okay Tony just for you next in the saga - Noggin and the Pie at the MOT shop

:D

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

My theory, I think the problem is some testers forget to take into consideration how much slack in the main drive chain is taken up with the weight of the rider on board,

Chris.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I had the same comment made at my last MoT. Sat my fat butt on the bike and showed him the tension, all was well.
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Kev L wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:01 pm I had the same comment made at my last MoT. Sat my fat butt on the bike and showed him the tension, all was well.
how do you think it looks on my bike, the chains draggin on the floor until I sit on it...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

agentpineapple wrote:
Kev L wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:01 pm I had the same comment made at my last MoT. Sat my fat butt on the bike and showed him the tension, all was well.
how do you think it looks on my bike, the chains draggin on the floor until I sit on it...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Must be all that Titanium you have on it Marty 🤪Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project