Decisions, decisions, decisions.

General Bike chat
freeridenick

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Post by freeridenick »

Following my acquisition of a somewhat stiffer frame I now have a spare. Or at least I will once I've swapped them over. I have nearly enough spares to build another bike but I've no bodywork or forks.

So I'm thinking of building it as a naked but I can't decide on which front end and whether to stick with a 'Storm seat unit or try and fit something else. It's not going to be a special that will grace the pages of PS mag. I just want a cheap, fun, usable bike that recycles most of the bits I have spare. More than likely I'll use it for a bit then sell it to make space for something else.

The fork problem is the main one and only complicated by the fact I have a set of SP1 yolks. There are options for an USD front end with these but I'm also looking at flat bars, which would mean drilling the yolks. They're also on a promise to a member at the moment so this may be a moot point. Although other USD front ends are an option.

If I can decide on the forks then that's the rolling chassis sorted and I can think about the seat and headlight.
haynesjones66

Re: Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Post by haynesjones66 »

i would go for the total stripped down look. build it up with only the neccessary stuff. purely functional. conventional forks, single seat etc. but that's just my idea of what i would do.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

storm forks, sv1000 rad,single seat ,boom sorted. :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

A single seat is an option but I don't want the race hump look. A guy on the Facebook page did a nice job with a Ducati back end I think.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

yeah i seen that, a 1098 rear was it? i think he used a seat unit and modded duc subframe onto it :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: