Continental conti motion

General Bike chat
swild123

Continental conti motion

Post by swild123 »

Hi has any one has any experience off the continental conti motions? There seem to be a few mixed reviews.
I need something for all weather's and all types off riding these sound good
tony.mon

Re: Continental conti motion

Post by tony.mon »

Motions?
Must have been the marketing man's day off......
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
popkat

Post by popkat »

Changed quite a few conti motions on customer bikes as they developed a large split In The tread on the rear. They are very much a budget tyre, if you want a good lower priced tyre go for Michelin pilot road 2 every time, they may come in at more than the conti but they're a different league.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

I have used Conti Motions on the track - not my preference but won a road bike only track day at Cadwell (no tyre warmers, full MOT etc.). Also gave them try out at Rockingham national, twice.

Result
Nearly high sided at Rockingham but did the job
Very hot Cadwell - no real problems but corner speeds were generally low even in the inter/fast group

Conclusions
They are a bottom end budget tyre and did not fill me with confidence. You can push on them but you will not have the same margin as a better tyre. If you want something that is round and black and you are not doing anything heroic, probably ok for the road. If you want to explore the capabilities of your bike, it is worth getting something better