GP Speedway final

General Bike chat
cheekykev

GP Speedway final

Post by cheekykev »

Just been to the practice session of the GP Speedway in Torun, Poland.
The stadium is fantastic, really looking forward to the final tomorrow night.
Just wondered if any other forum members are out here ?
If not try watching it on BT Sport tomorrow night, should be on about 7ish, look out for some knob holding a 3ft X 2ft Union Jack, that'll be me cheering Tai Woffindon on.
Last edited by cheekykev on Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
AMCQ46

Re: GP Speedway final

Post by AMCQ46 »

Sounds like a crackin weekend, don't drink too much cheap polish vodka
AMcQ
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

AMCQ46 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:39 pm Sounds like a crackin weekend, don't drink too much cheap polish vodka
Yeah I've no doubt we'll be trying a few of the local stuff later, the atmosphere in the old town of Torun is brilliant, plenty of support for the Brits.
Looks like the weather is going to be kind to us too, it was sunny and 19° yesterday, and the forecast for today is 20° and sunny, I've just looked out of the apartment window and there's not a cloud in the sky, hope it stays like that :D :D
Like what you do
Do what you like
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Well Tai Woffindon did it, but it wasn't all plain sailing, hope some of you got to watch it.
What a fantastic night, the atmosphere in the Stadium was just amazing, the Polish fans were a credit to their country, they made the British fans feel welcome, and showed every respect to our man taking the world title and the nights GP
Such a pity that our news coverage isn't as good, they should be ashamed, we've had a 4th time World Superbikes champion, and a World Speedway champion in the space of a week with hardly a mention.
Shame on them.
Like what you do
Do what you like