What's under your seat.

General Bike chat
Cousid

What's under your seat.

Post by Cousid »

Hi all,
When looking through workshop books online, or details on this website, or pictures of what's under the seat of a Firestorm, there seems to be very different layouts, and items in different positions to my bike.
My Firestorm has not got a tool kit, or suspension spanner or security lock, but there is a alarm system which I am not sure if it is standard or not.
Any chance of some pictures from fellow stormers or links to web pages showing under seat layouts so I can understand what's meant to be there or not.

Many Thanks

Cousid
MacV2

Re: What's under your seat.

Post by MacV2 »

From the showroom it would of had a toolkit, an owners manual & probably a service book but that would of been added by the dealer.

Thats how there were when I worked in a dealers...

The Storm toolkit contains the shock spanner.

That & the plug spanner seem to be the only essential tools in the kit, the rest are pretty basic...except the cross head scredriver is probably JIS.

Plug spanners from other Honda's I've seen seem to be the same, they have a wobble extension on them.

The weird bit is the tank prop which I've never used, It's supposed to alow access to the rear plug by jacking the back of the tank up but you'd need bloody small hands to get in there...

https://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/hon ... 327c/tools

I know the under tray is shapped to take a U-lock but Im not sure if one came with the bike as I never bought one new...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Oh & alarm is not standard.

This a std under the seat on a bike I'd just put a new loom on, the only thing missing is the rubber hoop that held the tool kit in. This bike didnt have a tool kit & rubber bad was missing...The band is just like a giant O-ring...but they have a habbit of snapping.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

What's Under Your Seat? viewtopic.php?t=33089

The Factory Service Manual contains illustrations/ photos of under the seat > viewtopic.php?f=31&t=18025

Tools and an optional Honda U-lock, restrained by rubber band, go under the seat in the moulded recesses on the undertray and top of of the battery lid. Plus a bag of wine gums in case of an emergency.

Alarm/immobiliser would be aftermarket - if Datatool rip it out and >
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

The other "casting" in the tray is for a short tyre pump, which also wasn't supplied as standard.
If you want to get it back to standard, I have a handbook and a toolkit, which I think is complete.
You'll need to buy a new rubber band, as a 2nd hand one and as likely to be perished and unusable.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

"The other "casting" in the tray is for a short tyre pump, which also wasn't supplied as standard."

Nope - it's for part of the U-lock. The lockable part.

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Cousid

Post by Cousid »

tony.mon wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:02 pm The other "casting" in the tray is for a short tyre pump, which also wasn't supplied as standard.
If you want to get it back to standard, I have a handbook and a toolkit, which I think is complete.
You'll need to buy a new rubber band, as a 2nd hand one and as likely to be perished and unusable.
Hello Tony,

Thank you for your reply, yes I am interested in your kind offer of the tool kit and manual as I am currently working on the bike to make it as original as possible, perhaps you would let me know what you would like for these, I will give you my e-mail address to reply on which is

I look forward to your reply, and future chats about Firestorms

Kind regards, David Cousins.

P S I tried to contact you through the Administrator as I am new to the site, in case you get this message again.
Last edited by Cousid on Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Best to edit out your publicly visible email address before spambots harvest it!

KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

MacV2 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:47 pm The weird bit is the tank prop which I've never used, It's supposed to allow access to the rear plug by jacking the back of the tank up but you'd need bloody small hands to get in there...
Thanks Mac, I always wondered what that was for.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Denzil

Post by Denzil »

Does any on know where i can get the replacement rubber band from to hold down my tool kit ??
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Denzil wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:20 pm Does any on know where i can get the replacement rubber band from to hold down my tool kit ??
It's listed as a part...

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/search/p ... 90-MZ7-000
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Denzil wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:20 pm Does any on know where i can get the replacement rubber band from to hold down my tool kit ??
Just buy from ebay a length of silcon or rubber cord..