Braided clutch line testimonials

General Bike chat
VTRsquid

Braided clutch line testimonials

Post by VTRsquid »

Just wondering if there is a noticeable difference?
Worth it or spend it on beer? Search failed me.
Not cheap, about half the price of the three brake lines.
MacV2

Re: Braided clutch line testimonials

Post by MacV2 »

VTRsquid wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:06 am Just wondering if there is a noticeable difference?
Worth it or spend it on beer? Search failed me.
Not cheap, about half the price of the three brake lines.
Simply fact is over time the OE lines will degrade & start to swell with the pressure...I doubt the clutch line is under as much pressure than the brakes when used but still worth changing it if only for the looks...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRsquid

Post by VTRsquid »

True,
Do they generally come in one piece, or do they incorporate the existing hardline?
I imagine with one piece you would pretty much be on your own coming up with tie down points?
Im thinking to get Wezmoto as its the cheapest one and will match the brake lines.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

VTRsquid wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:59 pm True,
Do they generally come in one piece, or do they incorporate the existing hardline?
I imagine with one piece you would pretty much be on your own coming up with tie down points?
Im thinking to get Wezmoto as its the cheapest one and will match the brake lines.
Yeah just a stright line... Just follow the old clutch line for the position, you'll see how the std one fits as you take it off...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

VTRsquid wrote:True,
I fitted Wezmoto lines on mine and they are great value for money and a good finish Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

As there is actually very few rubber bits to the clutch line as most of it is a metal tube, so there will not be much difference when fitting a braided line.
Though the rubber bits that are there are starting to get a bit old so there is no harm in replacing it and braided lines look good :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
VTRsquid

Post by VTRsquid »

Cheers guys ill just pull the trigger on the clutch line then, will match the brake lines and give me an opportunity to unravel and tidy up the umbilical cord of tangled shite going up the left frame spar, most of which is the PO's wiring for the 3,000 modules and flashers and led strips which i have already dispatched either end of with the side-cutters lol.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I fitted one in my storm, there was no difference at all apart from the cosmetic improvement.
Haven't bothered on the SP2.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.