What's the point

General Bike chat
Duffy1964

Re: What's the point

Post by Duffy1964 »

I pretty much agree will Al I had a Fazer thou and it was a great bike but the MT must be very similar.
Move the Fazer on fella

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
popkat

Post by popkat »

All good points made :thumbup:

Rob I should get on and do the big Kat up, I could spend lots of money on it to whatever spec I fancied, it owes me nothing, if it was done up right it would be like a new bike and even if I put fancy wheels on and really went to town on it it would still be much cheaper than a new bike. The trouble is working with bikes every day I need motivation to do my own, it would take a good while to do and I need to really be in the mood, I think I'd do some then it would get left again, maybe leave it until i'm done working on bikes, then it can be my garage hobby.

Nick get yourself a VFR and come out racing with us :D Firestorm parts fit them well :thumbup: :thumbup:

Al and Duffy, Engine wise the MT10 feels closer the the Storm, just with masses more, the FZ and MT do have similar riding positions. What the FZ1 can do is keep your back my drier in the rain than the MT, that thing gets me soaked from behind when I'm not even wet on the front :lol: That's a big downside, I could have the rack and top box on all the time but it's an SP, ohlins all over it, top box for longer trips only..

The Storm is a waste in my ownership really, poor thing, there's just no real value in them, I'd sell for the right price but not going to offload it cheap. unfortunately that right price for me is £2500.. less than 10k miles, sorted forks, WP shock, all the bits done to make it a good working and looking bike, but someone would rather pay £1300 for a sh1tter and think they have a bargain :lol:

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

The point is (for me)
I enjoy having them
I enjoy working on them
I enjoy writing them

I don’t spend money on smokes
I don’t spend money on prostitutes gambling or drugs other than A pint or two off the shelf and brewing a 5 gallon batch every couple of weeks

Each of the bikes mean something to me I don’t really own any just because

2001 VTR The all the time rider

1976 RD 400 my second ever street bike

1983 Rz 350 my third ever street bike

DRZ485 currently in super Moto trim
owned this one since 2003 it’s been a duel sport, off-road only adventure bike, and now super Moto.

2003 RM250 but this one brand new as new old stock in 2008 Modified somewhat it’s my trail bike mostly.

2007 Ninja 650r wifeys street bike

2008 CRF230 wifeys trail bike

2006 CRF 70 my youngest son’s first dirtbike saving it for my grandson to ride very very soon

2007 kX100 my youngest son’s second dirtbike saving it for my grandson

2006 CR125 My youngest son’s third dirtbike saving it for my grandson

2007 YZ450F my youngest son’s last dirtbike before he went out on his own saving it for my grandson ( though grandson’s dad doesn’t know I have this one back and I’ve been restoring it going to give it to my son as a present very soon )

2006 SV650 where is my son’s last street bike before he crashed it hard right after moving out in his own.
It was taken by a wrecker as he went to the hospital.

what he didn’t know is I bought it through a third-party from the wrecker service and paid all the fees and have been hiding it and building on it ever since.

He’s been talking about riding again once he makes the decision to get back on the bike I’ll invite him to go for a ride only it won’t be the loaner bike I’m gonna tell him I’m barring he’s been talking about riding again once he makes the decision to get back on the bike I’ll invite him to go for a ride only it won’t be his mom’s bike like he’s thinking it will be

I don’t know if that would be the point for anybody else but that’s the point for me
Marquez Motorcycle Services
Solutions to recurring maintenance
Race/Adventure ride event prep
Post event services

Total Rider
Your path to a TX motorcycle license
And advanced Rider training
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

You're a top dad and going to be an awesome grandfather. I hope they appreciate you :thumbup: :thumbup:
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
VTRsquid

Post by VTRsquid »

Invisible like button deployed for keeping all those minibikes for your grandson. :thumbup: