First Week

General Bike chat
Choldy

First Week

Post by Choldy »

So having just got my 98 Firestorm and it being layed up on SORN for a couple of years I've been doing the short commute to work for the last few days to get her out and moving. First up it handled horribly, I think I've fixed it now as I discovered the front tyre was inflated to well over 40 psi and the preload on the rear shock was dialled back to it's softest setting, right tyre pressures and factory preload means she goes round corners now :D

Have found she likes a warm up, I found she cuts out easily when cold and off the choke, guess I've gotten used to fuel injection lol but when she's going she is glorious, can't help winding on the throttle just to hear the exhaust note and I'm running stock exhaust
fabiostar

Re: First Week

Post by fabiostar »

give it a decent service with plugs and filters now its up and running :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Have found she likes a warm up, I found she cuts out easily when cold and off the choke, guess I've gotten used to fuel injection
[/quote]

Turn idle up to about 1200 rpm.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Choldy

Post by Choldy »

alanfjones1411 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:23 am Have found she likes a warm up, I found she cuts out easily when cold and off the choke, guess I've gotten used to fuel injection
Turn idle up to about 1200 rpm.
[/quote]

Yeah I read that somewhere else, will give that a try as it's currently set at 1k when hot