Panigale

General Bike chat
Beef

Panigale

Post by Beef »

My mate gave me the honour of taking his Duc out for a 20 minute session whilst I was at Snett.

OMFG! The bike is unbelievable, so easy to ride even for a complete biff like me! It is very short in the reach but seat height and foot position was comfortable. the brakes defy physics, they have so much feel, very progressive and powerful........on the first lap, there was a few bikes stacked up by the first hairpin so I was bumbling, as I approached the rear bike, I touched the brakes, the bike stopped and I very almost went over the bars :!: :lol: :lol: the short reach means you have to squeeze with your thigh a lot more than on the storm as you cant really use your arms to brace yourself! Soon got the hang of that though.

I think it was probably the best 20 mins I've ever experienced on a motorcycle :!: :!: :biggrin
AMCQ46

Re: Panigale

Post by AMCQ46 »

you lucky bastid ... I would love to try one on the track
AMcQ
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Tiny, tiny things I believe.

I rode an 848 ages ago and that was long and horrible. If think I'd like it more now but it was a massive reach to the bars. The newer Ducs are completely different.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

But now you have to have one.......
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Beef

Post by Beef »

AMCQ46 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:54 pm you lucky bastid ... I would love to try one on the track
I do indeed consider myself lucky :biggrin :biggrin
freeridenick wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:19 pm Tiny, tiny things I believe.

I rode an 848 ages ago and that was long and horrible. If think I'd like it more now but it was a massive reach to the bars. The newer Ducs are completely different.
Seat height and leg position were fine, the reach to the bars was very short.......but I could certainly live with it 8)

tony.mon wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:11 pm But now you have to have one.......
I could buy one quite quickly..............but it would mean serving an eviction notice on my parents :twisted: :lol: :lol: