it's got to go

General Bike chat
haynesjones66

it's got to go

Post by haynesjones66 »

sadly, my lovely storm has got to go due to lack of funds. i have both sons in uni and we are running out of cash. my mrs, bless her, has taken a washing up job in the local school but we are still struggling. my 400 superdream is also going but not the phil read rep. if anyone is interested in a very standard example with under 30,000 on the clock, i'm looking for 1300 or thereabouts
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: it's got to go

Post by sirch345 »

Sorry to hear you are having to sell your Storm, although family has to come first I guess,

GLWS, a photo or two might help,

Chris.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Good luck with the sale mate. There’s some on Gumtree at hugely inflated prices so yours would stand out as a bit of a bargain.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

just posted it in the for sale section. hopefully when things improve, i'll get another one
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

my trusty steed has gone but i hope to get another when cashflow improves. see ya later maybe. now i'll jolly well have to get on with my phil read rep as i have nothing to ride
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Keep us up to date on the Phil Read rep. Don’t be a stranger fella
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

or not!! having sold the storm, i focussed on the read rep as there's lots to do, but been looking at other bikes to replace the storm. and there is nothing out there that suits my weird lanky frame. ive test ridden 1100 tuono - bonkers but too upright. big bang R1 - sounds V twin, not V twin. blade - rapid but soulless. so come springtime i'll be looking for another storm preferably with all the right bits. in the meantime, i'm still in the process of grafting cbr600 suspension onto the read rep. taking longer than expected but the front end is done and rear end coming together with the odd hiccup