Stormless - for now!

General Bike chat
bobbler

Stormless - for now!

Post by bobbler »

I've been quietly moping since I sold my storm back to its previous owner a while ago (long story but felt it was the right thing to do).

I tried the dual sport route with a Honda NX650/XR650L project and although it was fun it probably wasn't day to day practical and I still missed having a storm.

Onto the next and most recent project while I wait for the right storm to come up for sale, a 1995 GSXR750. Not a storm or even a v-twin but it is a 90s sportsbike with a recent dyno report of 105 whp (and there's a bin in the picture :wink: ).

Hopefully I'll still be welcome here as I'm hopeful I'll find a suitable replacement and I actually like this site :beer:
Attachments
20190804_225047.jpg
Last edited by bobbler on Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KermitLeFrog

Re: Stormless - for now!

Post by KermitLeFrog »

I had a ride on one of those back in the day. Fabulous front endy bike. Great fun.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

nice 90's bike
AMcQ
legendlives

Post by legendlives »

A friend had one of those in the early 90's.
Great bike. Coming from smaller bikes (at the time) I thought it was absolutely superb, and without doubt the best handling bike I'd ridden to that point.
Enjoy!
I like my bikes like my women - Loud with two big cylinders :D
bobbler

Post by bobbler »

Cheers folks, I haven't yet ridden it as it doesn't go for MOT until later this week. First impressions are it's definitely not going to be as comfortable (similar seating position to my old 1995 Duc SS) and rolling it around it's quite a heavy lump even compared to the top heavy NX650.

There's no real plans for this project, only to make it as original as possible within a reasonable budget. There seems to be quite a few (maybe too many) 7/11 conversions and GSXR streetfighters out there now.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

not to many about these days that havent been butchered to death :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good to see one in the more original state 8)
It looks reasonably good in the photo :thumbup:

Chris.
bobbler

Post by bobbler »

Cheers Chris / Fabio. I really think part of me took this bike with rose tinted glasses remembering the days as a teenager reading about these in one of the bike magazines.

Been on with the MOT prep this week. So far I've only had to fit some chinese indicators that I had lying around as the front pair that were fitted had decided to give up (1 bulb has exploded and I think the other gave up in sympathy :lol: ), these will be replaced with original style in the future. Other than that the bike starts, ticks over, brakes work, lights work and no signs of leaks. So far so good.

It looks to have had a few £££ spent over the time with braided lines, silicone hoses etc. There is also signs of at least one unloving owner with cracked rear plastics, poor paintwork and one or two missing clips/bolts. Oh, and I haven't yet mentioned the bling haha! I don't think I've seen a bike with so many blue anodised parts fitted, bar ends, yoke cover, foot pegs... the list goes on :think:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

bobbler wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:08 am .the list goes on :think:
And, hopefully, the anodised parts come off....
Although all it takes is a scuff up with wet and dry and a polish to get through the anodising.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.