wtf has went wrong with prices

General Bike chat
Kev L

Re: wtf has went wrong with prices

Post by Kev L »

He passed away two years after the photo was taken, so the bikes we built together for his 16th is a bit special.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

As a latecomer I didn't own a string of cheap two strokes or of-the-moment race reps. I desperately want an Aprilia RS250 or and LC or a grey 400 but I'm not stumping up six grand for one now. The best I could look at would be some late eighties also-ran.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

freeridenick wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:37 pm As a latecomer I didn't own a string of cheap two strokes or of-the-moment race reps. I desperately want an Aprilia RS250 or and LC or a grey 400 but I'm not stumping up six grand for one now. The best I could look at would be some late eighties also-ran.
the wee grey 400s can stil be bought for cheap money atm tho they are starting to climb now all the 2 strokes are gone :eek2

outa all of them my dream oldie would be a KH400 but i just cant see that happening
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

fabiostar wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:10 pm
freeridenick wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:37 pm As a latecomer I didn't own a string of cheap two strokes or of-the-moment race reps. I desperately want an Aprilia RS250 or and LC or a grey 400 but I'm not stumping up six grand for one now. The best I could look at would be some late eighties also-ran.
the wee grey 400s can stil be bought for cheap money atm tho they are starting to climb now all the 2 strokes are gone :eek2

outa all of them my dream oldie would be a KH400 but i just cant see that happening
The KH400 was very underwhelming. I rode one and compared to the 500 (which I owned) it was rubbish.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Kev L wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:11 pm He passed away two years after the photo was taken, so the bikes we built together for his 16th is a bit special.
Sorry to hear that, Kev.
My son isn't interested in bikes at all, but my daughter is.
She shared a refurb of a barn find kawasaki 600 a few years back, and got right into it.
It's good when you can get someone interested in bikes.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

True enough mate. My eldest daughter rides a CBR600RR and her husband has an R1 track bike and a speed triple. Even my granddaughter has a little electric bike, and I’ve still got my kids Kx80 for her in a couple of years. John was the fanatic though, loved bikes, worked in a bike shop and had great plans. Funny how life turns around. He’s been gone 14 years now and I still miss him every day. Life goes on.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF