Coronaprojects

General Bike chat
Kev L

Coronaprojects

Post by Kev L »

Thought I’d start a thread to see what you all have in mind to do during the extensive free time, sorry working from home!, that we find ourselves with.
I’m WFH as I fall into an at risk category (FFS!) so I am going to retrieve my sons FS1-EA from the barn it’s in at present and start giving it a spruce up.
Anyone identified anything themselves?
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Mav617

Re: Coronaprojects

Post by Mav617 »

Well I am no longer going to be the proud owner of an XSR700, sold the BMW but the courier has now said he can't deliver it on Wednesday so will have to return his money and recover my deposit. Gutted.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

so far iv clipped my bush :eek2 :eek2 the hedge i mean.

for the first time ever iv all the time in the world and both bikes need nothing doing :sad2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

so far this corona sh!t and working from home has resulted in me working more hours and feeling very ashamed at the rest of humanity …. as a result I don't have much time or enthusiasm for projects :(
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

I still have to go in !

Apprently I'm a key worker.

+ it will be a tad difficult for me to work from home... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

I've had a project in mind for a while but I keep thinking of more ideas and making fewer decisions. At this rate it'll have three front ends, four wheels and two engines.
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

i've got plenty to be getting on with, my phil read rep, honda britain and shed extension
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Had a dig around at the back of the garage and found this.

It might be a long job!
Attachments
IMG_20200328_121007.jpg
IMG_20200328_121038.jpg
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

ah tony, that's a beauty! that's a great project. i had a couple of TL125s many years back
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

AMCQ46 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:33 pm so far this corona sh!t and working from home has resulted in me working more hours and feeling very ashamed at the rest of humanity …. as a result I don't have much time or enthusiasm for projects :(
Snap!
Who ever thought working from home would make jobs take twice as long and so tedious! It's a pain in the backside most of the time.
I'd love to have some time to get on with a few projects.
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Well to make matters worse I have either got CV or more likely got man flu (as i don't have fever or dry cough, I have sore throat, head and body ache and f*uck all energy) so I have even less motivation to do projects..

But as I have been trapped in the home office on endless calls about saving money and furlough options, it was starting to feel like a prison! So I needed to get some tinkering time to get my brain into a positive space. So I fixed my neighbours quad bike, which I had diagnosed last week as binding back brake drum,. Stripped it all down and got the seized actuator spindle out, removed all the corrosion and debris, new o rings and grease and put it back together.

I felt much more human after that, and also earned beers in reward. :beer: :wave:
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tony.mon wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:16 pm Had a dig around at the back of the garage and found this.

It might be a long job!
WOW I remember those little Honda's trail bikes :D

A friend of our had a CB125 (road version) back then, he rode the nuts off it, but it just kept going,

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

They all use the same cb125 engine, so that part's easy. I bought a new aftermarket exhaust a while back, that's still ok, so it's just Chrome parts, a paint job, wheel rebuilds (I can do those myself, just needs rims and tyres) and a new battery.
And lots of new bolts, it'll be hard not to buy titanium!

Already stripped it. The only part I don't know how to do is the paint on the engine cases, I might as well try to keep it looking standard.
Anyone know how to paint cases?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i reached new depths today :eek2 , i made a flowerbed out of an old belfast sink today and planted pansies in it :eek2 . sweet jesus whats life come to lol
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

fabiostar wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:45 pm i reached new depths today :eek2 , i made a flowerbed out of an old belfast sink today and planted pansies in it :eek2 . sweet jesus whats life come to lol
Sounds like you went "the full Monty " there ( gardening joke )