MOT news...

General Bike chat
MacV2

MOT news...

Post by MacV2 »

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
KermitLeFrog

Re: MOT news...

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Thanks for that Mac. My VTR MOT runs out on 14th April. I was wondering what to do. Now I know.... nothing.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:32 am Thanks for that Mac. My VTR MOT runs out on 14th April. I was wondering what to do. Now I know.... nothing.
Yeh Nue Red is due End of May... Still have to Tax it tho...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:32 am Thanks for that Mac. My VTR MOT runs out on 14th April. I was wondering what to do. Now I know.... nothing.
My VTR is due for it's mot 4 days later than yours.

Thanks Mac for the heads-up,

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

With the 6 month free MOT extension this will effect your local bike mechanic, as undoubtedly they will often pick up extra work off the MOT even if it's just a bulb or a set of pads... So when all this shite is over please surport your local bike mechanic. He will have bills to pay & poss mouths to feed. You wont be happy if he is forced to close & you have to go somewhere else like a Stealer Dealer...

Yes some of them will qualify for a Gov Grant to keep them up & running but others wont & from what I have seen on the news... Payments wont start till June FFS...

We may have to start a go fund me page for PopKat...
popkat

Post by popkat »

MacV2 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:45 am With the 6 month free MOT extension this will effect your local bike mechanic, as undoubtedly they will often pick up extra work off the MOT even if it's just a bulb or a set of pads... So when all this shite is over please surport your local bike mechanic. He will have bills to pay & poss mouths to feed. You wont be happy if he is forced to close & you have to go somewhere else like a Stealer Dealer...

Yes some of them will qualify for a Gov Grant to keep them up & running but others wont & from what I have seen on the news... Payments wont start till June FFS...

We may have to start a go fund me page for PopKat...

At the moment the future's not looking great, I believe this lock down will go on much longer than 3 weeks, hence all the measures they are putting in place. most of which won't help me :(
I'll carry on with the workshop as long as I can and try and keep that infectious smile on my face :lol:

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Good luck Malc, if you lose your smile I know we are in trouble :lol:
AMcQ