Tyres (again- yawn) but I actually bought some

General Bike chat
tony.mon

Tyres (again- yawn) but I actually bought some

Post by tony.mon »

So I have a track evening at brands booked for Monday, and looking at the weather it's going to pissdown, proper thunderstorms and everything.
So the Pirelli Supercorsa SP's aren't going to be doing me any favours.
I can't persuade she who controls my credit card that a set of wets is worth keeping in the shed, because I also want a set of carbon wheels to go with, and apparently I'm not worth that.
So I went and got the SP's taken off today- they probably have another 1k left on them, but the rears getting a bit squared off- and had a set of the new Pirelli Diablo Rossi 4's installed.

No idea if they're any good, but they should feel fairly similar, and apparently they cope with wet and cold.
I put 80 miles on the scrubbing them in, let's see how they hold up on Monday.

Currently the chicken strips are more like turkey strips, so you'll not see a photo for now.
£261 fitted and balanced. Happy enough with that.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
gilson

Re: Tyres (again- yawn) but I actually bought some

Post by gilson »

Hi Tony,

I'm at Bedford Monday, I got my tracks mixed up.

I'm hoping it doesn't rain too much as I haven't got wets or carbon wheels either.

Hoping the morning is dry and I manage to stay upright to try the lightened flywheel out.

Good luck!
No bike (yet).
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

gilson wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:24 pm Hi Tony,

I'm at Bedford Monday, I got my tracks mixed up.

I'm hoping it doesn't rain too much as I haven't got wets or carbon wheels either.

Hoping the morning is dry and I manage to stay upright to try the lightened flywheel out.

Good luck!
actually look forward to hearing how this goes :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

They scrubbed in quickly, by 80 miles I couldn't get any amount of provocation to trigger the TC lights, so I'm hopeful that they'll stand up to the biblical deluge forecast.
Over the weekend it looks like it will rain and be wet throughout, so I will head out and see how they react before getting on track.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Good luck Tony I will probably have a run down in the cage to see you perform your magic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project