vacuum pipes

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
edds11

vacuum pipes

Post by edds11 »

Could anyone tell me the size of the nipple needed for the front vacuum pipe( m5 I believe), also how much pipe in length I need to put them both under the seat and what size ( 4mm ? ) it is please :thumbup:
seb421

Re: vacuum pipes

Post by seb421 »

ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

http://www.carbtune.com
5mm for the nipple. I bought a packet of 4 brass adapter, used three of them. One for front cylinder and two in the other open end of hoses, superglued in place. I also purchase the end caps to go over them. they are ideal for attaching a carbtune or other brand carbsyncing tool. 4 x 1 metre lengths hose. The left over always comes in handy somewhere else.
http://www.ekmpowershop20.com/ekmps/sho ... ol-9-c.asp

I would highly recommend carbtune.com, very fast efficient service.

Bought a 5mm T-peice from Halfrauds for the take off point on rear carb.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

If you use an aquarium tee-piece with a valve on it which closed flow in one direction; you can use that output to go to the fuel tap.
Then when you want to balance the carbs, merely close the tap with the engine running, and you can the disconnect the line form the engine to the tee piece and connect it to a balancer.

The vacuum will be maintained from the tee piece to the tap, meaning that fuel will flow and you can take your time balancing and the carbs won't run dry.
It will stay in place if you want to lift off the tank and place it backwards over the seat, and reconnect the fuel lines, but the opposite way round.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.