19L Tank...

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
seantopbloke

Re: 19L Tank...

Post by seantopbloke »

Hee Hee, thanks guys, you have turned me into a picture posting freak with the skills i have learnt from you to day, every day IS a school day !

The picture is upside down but you can see the mod.

Its the sound of thunder at the back end that makes me smile at the front end !
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

That's pretty neat, now all you need is a quick disconnect with a dry break to stop the fuel flowing once disconnected....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
seantopbloke

Post by seantopbloke »

I must admit i have been enjoying the ability to turn the fuel off at the end of each ride, still forget to turn it on when i set off though.
Its the sound of thunder at the back end that makes me smile at the front end !
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

seantopbloke wrote:I must admit i have been enjoying the ability to turn the fuel off at the end of each ride, still forget to turn it on when i set off though.
I dunno, Honda go to all that effort to design an automatic tap..... :roll:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I would have done the 19l conversion before now, but the post 19l models didn't use the same darker yellow colour (which is the impossible to nmatch one) so I've never bothered. The VFR 24l one looked pants when I did it as it was too bulky.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Stratman wrote:I would have done the 19l conversion before now, but the post 19l models didn't use the same darker yellow colour (which is the impossible to nmatch one) so I've never bothered. The VFR 24l one looked pants when I did it as it was too bulky.
OK perhaps not quite as good as the standard tank looked Paul, but I didn't think the VFR tank conversion you did looked that bad IMHO.

The only thing I would be concerned about would be the extra weight when the tank was full, I think it would be a tad top heavy, probably more noticeable when moving the Storm about manually. (24ltrs makes that 8ltrs up on my tank, the best part of two gallons :eh: ) No doubt in time though you'd get used to that.

Chris.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Thanks to seantopbloke who sent his spare Varadero tap I was able to transplant the black tap handle onto the storm's tap - saves faffing about with an adjustable. Also fitted quick-release connectors to the fiddly vacuum hose and the thicker of the two breather hoses. Then added new fuel hose along with some hose joiners to make them also easier to seprate from the tank.

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

how do you tell the 16l and the 19l tanks apart from each other .
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

One goes for 100 miles , stops and falls over - the other gets to the next petrol station...
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

assuming they have standard decals on, the 19L tank will have a honda wing and the 16L says firestorm

also, turn it upside down and have a look at the fuel tap.
the 16L has a proper tap with a vacuum pipe and twin outlets, the 19L just has a valve with a single outlet - no on / off lever or vac pipe connection.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
scottyfirestorm1985

Post by scottyfirestorm1985 »

hi mate i cant figure out how to private message u and it wont let me respond to ur advert for the belly pan . i was wondering what the least u wud take for it as ive recently been in a crash so tryna re build my bike but im currently unemployed so cash is a bit short at moment
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Wicky wrote:One goes for 100 miles , stops and falls over - the other gets to the next petrol station...
:clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!