New boots too big

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
darkember

Re: New boots too big

Post by darkember »

sirch345 wrote:
darkember wrote:Done check the gear lever in the top photo one notch clockwise :thumbup:
I can see that, I was wondering if you thought it helped :?: perhaps you've not road tested it yet,

Chris.
Not fully when I first took it out it was way too high & I had to lift my whole leg to change gear. Now it seems just right but will have to give it a longer run to really check it out
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Okay no problem :thumbup:

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

cybercarl wrote:
While you at it you may want to move the linkage arm that attaches to the spline on gearbox 1 notch clockwise to give yourself a shorter shift. This helps with gear changes.

(:-})
I finally got around to road testing the new position of the gear linkage (as above).
I don't know why I haven't tried this before, I know I've seen it recommended enough times. I've got to say it does make a difference in a good way :thumbup:

So thanks Carl for suggesting it again :clap:

Anyone else thinking of trying this, moving the linkage one notch (as above) raises the gear change lever height by approx. 19mm (3/4"). So measure the gear change lever height before you start, so you can adjust the rod length to put it back to the same level after carrying out the modification.

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:thumbup: Amazing the difference one notch makes. I was pleasantly surprised when I first tried it.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside