Tensioners and Mr Honda

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
stevepjuk

Tensioners and Mr Honda

Post by stevepjuk »

I have noticed a lot of messages about the old Camchain tensioners failing. I have spoken to Honda UK who have been quite sympathetic, but don't think it's too big a problem. What i thought was to find out how many people have had this prob, or know someone who has and what help (or lack of) they have had. Once we have numbers then maybe we can persuade Mr Honda to take a more positive approach.
Anyone agree, or even think of a better way?
WPMAX

Post by WPMAX »

I WOULD AGREE AS EVEN SOME OF THE HONDA DEALERS
AGREE THAT THERE MAY BE A PROBLEM.
I HAVE JUST TAKEN MINE TO MECHANIC WHO RECONS
THEY ARE ON THERE WAY OUT. ALSO THE REASON SOME
SEEM TO JUST GO BANG MAY BE BECAUSE WE CANNOT HEAR
THEN IE EAR PLUGS PIPES ETC!
MR HONDA WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY DO NOTHING AS IN MY
CASE FIRESTORM IS 1997 MODEL TOO OLD :!:
stevepjuk

Post by stevepjuk »

The more people we can get to reply means more ammo to show to those that make the decisions. I am quite happy to try to progress this but we need to hit them with some numbers.....................
Martin

Post by Martin »

I'm in. Mine failed with 9k miles on the clock. Got it fixed no probs cos I bought the extended warranty, but wasn't impressed with the inconvenience.....it just shouldn't happen that early on in the bikes life :x
Drink to contentment not to capacity. I just haven't figured out which comes first.
sirch345
Site Admin

CCTs

Post by sirch345 »

Its a good idea of your's, but just to put you in the picture someone quite a long time ago did just what you're proposeing I can't remember the exact details but the petition was presented to Honda but nothing ever became of it, no doubt someone on here will remember more about it than me, I'am sure there is a site address for the very petition, I have tried without sucsess to find it,
all the best Chris.
RQ

Post by RQ »

Yep, 'twas done before in the States. A huge number of "Superhawk" owners did the "Petition" thing and presented it to Honda who replied something along the lines of "Oh, we'll look into it", and that is exactly what they did, just looked into it and did nothing more.
Ronan.
sirch345
Site Admin

tensioners and Mr. Honda

Post by sirch345 »

The site address for letter to Mr. Honda is:- http://moto-rama.com/hondaletter.htm
cheers Chris.
lob

Tensioners

Post by lob »

Yep. Mine went too.
The dealership even told me the mileage of my bike when I rang them.
16k is normal for them to fail he said.
Knocking on for £200 to put right.
Martin

Post by Martin »

Try £550!!!!! Thank God I bought a warranty!
Drink to contentment not to capacity. I just haven't figured out which comes first.