Fuel sensor - 1997 model VTR

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
bobbybiscuit

Fuel sensor - 1997 model VTR

Post by bobbybiscuit »

Hi folks - new here and wonder if you can help.

The warning light re fuel sensor does not come on when low on fuel. I bought a new one on ebay and local motor cycle garage said that it was not working. I have written to the company that sold the sensor and they said most likely its not the sensor thats at fault.

Has anyone here had problems with the fuel sensor light not coming on when fuel low? and was it the sensor at fault? Any assistance would be appreciated.
Wicky

Re: Fuel sensor - 1997 model VTR

Post by Wicky »

Greetings. I saw a on the local news a young lass one who'd won a million squid on the lottery, when asked what she she had bought with her winnings, she replied "filled the car with petrol!"

Anyhow fuel sensor problems have cropped up a couple or three times if you trawl back in time

http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy-ab ... 48&bih=878

Check the bulb in the instrument console?
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
bobbybiscuit

Post by bobbybiscuit »

I must admit I NEVER gave a thought to the bulb being faulty - GULP! If its as simple as that I will be right hacked off after spending money on a new sensor. lol
bobbybiscuit

Post by bobbybiscuit »

By the way - thank you for your comments and link - very helpful.