Re: Carb balancing.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Collywog19

Post by Collywog19 »

ohhh

if you do get one and let me know if its any good and how to do it id be pleased as i think mine need doing haha.

Col
Bikes ftw!
Phil-VTwin

Post by Phil-VTwin »

I had one many years ago for my BMW it wasn't very good (IMHO) as you couldn't get a steady reading.
Ride Safe
Phil
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Mike,
The one you posted looks like to me you have to do each carb individually, which is going to be a PITA.

I use this type and bought it from this supplier a few years ago:-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/UNIVERSAL-MOTORCY ... 35a668ce0c

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

FirestormMike wrote:did it have the correct adaptors Chris ?
Yes it did Mike. Mine came with the same adapters as this one is advertised as having with it (as below). Iirc the one's for the Firestorm are 5mm. Mine were made from a hard plastic type material, but I see the seller says they could be plastic or brass. Knowing what a PITA it is to fit the front adapter I now have a permanently fitted brass adapter to the front inlet manifold with a length of hose fitted to it, blanked of when not in use.

THE ADVERT STATES:-
The complete carb balancer kit comes well packed with 2x5mm adapters, 2x6mm adapters,

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

And you can buy the 5mm brass adaptors from Carbtune- they weren't listed on their website last time I looked but if you call them they'll tell you the code and price.
I got four, so I can use the Carbtune on any bike (except five and six cylinders- if only!)
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tony.mon wrote:And you can buy the 5mm brass adaptors from Carbtune- they weren't listed on their website last time I looked but if you call them they'll tell you the code and price.
I got four, so I can use the Carbtune on any bike (except five and six cylinders- if only!)
That's where I got mine from Tony a few years back now. Mike may be lucky though, as according to the advert (assuming he orders one of these :) ) they may be brass or plastic.
I see they are listed again now (under Accessories) http://www.carbtune.com/

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

You could make your own balancer:-
http://www.powerchutes.com/manometer.asp

Chris.